Earth Special Event (locked)

150 posts

Flag Post

Next era, there will be a mystery special event on Earth!

All news will be posted here.

Ingame announcement #1:
“It might seem like early days yet – but next era will be a SPECIAL EVENT, the likes of which battledawn has never seen. Everything’s top secret now, but I’ll release more info later in the era (maybe when the first relic is captured?)”

Ingame announcement #2:
“You guys have been busy conquering relics, so here’s the next clue!

Ingame announcement #3:
“Since this era is coming to a close, I’ll go ahead and disclose the details of next era.

Next era will be using a 4x larger map than usual (If you want a means of comparison, Asia on the larger map is about the same size as the entire world on the normal map)

I’ll be placing down outposts across all of North and South America, Antartica, Australia and East Asia to prevent anybody from building there – the result of this will be that next era we’ll be effectively playing on a custom map in which on Africa and Europe/Middle East are playable, but they’re all 4x larger/higher resultion than normal.

The alliance size limit next era will be 6 members, The prize will be a whopping 2500 tokens to each member of the winning alliance plus a bonus 1000 tokens to the rank 1 player, but there will be NO second or third prize. You’ve got to be in it to win it.

There will be 1 relic released roughly every 100 ticks, and there will be no limit on the maximum number of relics (if the era lasts for 3000 ticks, that’s 30 relics)

The victory requirement will be for an alliance to hold 10 relics for 100 ticks, if two alliances achieve this at exactly the same time, then the highest ranked alliance wins

This is a unique, one-off event. So don’t miss out!

In preparation for this event, there will be no havoc event at the end of this round because the server will have to close for approximately 2 days in order for me to prepare the world for this event."

http://i40.tinypic.com/b4zqdl.png "

Feel free to speculate in this thread, all new announcements will be edited into this post.

Flag Post

CTF!!!! KING OF THE HILL!!!

Flag Post

can u tell me now?

Flag Post

Is it a world with 2 different alliances, and only 2, cuz that would be really cool… A giant war basically.

Flag Post

“It might seem like early days yet" 14 member alliance?

Flag Post

Holy crap! Frostyicing is has a great idea! Can we pick the special event? Or do you have it planned?

Flag Post

OMG Its gonna be aliens he did it on RC one time the Aliens were like the relics except for they could attack you

thats why he said perhaps when the first relic is captured

Flag Post

I want a RISK world.

Place relics in static positions, 7 in Asia, 5 in Europe, 3 in Africa etc..
And oh yeah… no nukes.

Flag Post

hes not going to do 14 members to easy for the pr0ss

Flag Post

I had tht idea as well in f1 but the admin wouldnt allow it :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by windancer:

I want a RISK world.

Place relics in static positions, 7 in Asia, 5 in Europe, 3 in Africa etc..
And oh yeah… no nukes.

that teh best idea

Flag Post

Dude 2 alliance would be AWESOME!

Flag Post

how would he gives the blues in the end though.

give it to top players instead?

If its split up in two there will 100+ people in each alliance causing score to be off the chart and I doubt tom would want his alliance score of 100k to beat

Flag Post
Originally posted by 7bigsurfdog7:

Holy crap! Frostyicing is has a great idea! Can we pick the special event? Or do you have it planned?

It’s already planned. Don’t worry though, you will not be disappointed.

This will be a round unlike any other BD has seen.

@Blue – If you apply the logic of a 100 player alliance beating a 12 player alliance’s record elsewhere, then the record gets ‘beaten’ in most havocs. (Put simply, I really wouldn’t mind a 100+ alliance topping 100k score because it wouldn’t really mean anything)

Flag Post

Not really bro, we can make 5 alliances then? 30 members each? Then top 3 will get 100 blues?

Flag Post

You people and ur terrible ideas routhy said he has one so wait and see. Only good and interesting is 2 alliance and RISK

Flag Post

2 alliance, and Computer generated colonies with little defence on for easy conquers :)

Flag Post

For the record, none of you are even remotely close.

Flag Post

An era I have always wanted is one in which it is some sort of elimination solo. If you are conquered, you are deleted, but you are able to replace.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Routhy:
Originally posted by 7bigsurfdog7:

It’s already planned. Don’t worry though, you will not be disappointed.

This will be a round unlike any other BD has seen.

@Blue – If you apply the logic of a 100 player alliance beating a 12 player alliance’s record elsewhere, then the record gets ‘beaten’ in most havocs. (Put simply, I really wouldn’t mind a 100+ alliance topping 100k score because it wouldn’t really mean anything)

and you would have true pride if they didnt beat it

Flag Post

well i see i truly came back at the right time let the best man(or girl) win…

Flag Post

I would’ve always loved to see a form of 1 v1. Somehow keep the general game the same, but have only two people fighting eachother.

Flag Post

meh get two greats give them 20000 reds and 1 team alliances problem solved.

Flag Post

I say everyone is in the same alliance and the relic are the ennemy, Units are training at infinity on relic and they attack every one
so basicaly aliens invade us and we defend all together :D

Flag Post

i think knights has the better idea

Originally posted by figetyuckshy:

An era I have always wanted is one in which it is some sort of elimination solo. If you are conquered, you are deleted, but you are able to replace.