Battledawn Updated!

34 posts

Flag Post

After a (very) long time with no updates, kongregate battledawn has now been updated!

Thanks to our lovely battledawn.com forum moderator Dan, here’s a quick run-down of the changes you’ll encounter:

Flag Post

Spies:
You still have your old spy ship, except now it only costs 25E and 1 worker. Your spy ship can move anywhere on the map just like it used to be able to. Except now it only has two functions: adding spy protection to allied targets for 20E and planting agents.

Agents are what do the actuall covert operation now, instead of the main spy ship. You can plant an agent for 20E and it will cost 1 worker upkeep. Infiltration still works the same, so does pulling covert ops. You can only plant one agent on each target, your alliance members can plant one more per person on the same target. You cannot plant an agent on your own colony.

Agents can be disbanded in Orders menu > Agents > [click] [X]

Lockdown:
Outposts now have 1 tick lockdown immunities. Meaning that any outpost that you capture that has 1 control tick cannot be locked down. It can be locked down from 2 control ticks and onwards. This does not affect any other spy operation.

Radiation:
When nukes hit a target, there will now be something called radiation as well. An outpost can have 6-12 ticks of radiation per nuke, a colony can have 3-6 ticks of radiation per nuke. Relics are immune to radiation. Radiation stacks, so if an op has been hit by 2 nukes it can have 12-24 ticks of radiation. Max stacked radiation is 72. Everyone in the world can see the radiation.

For every tick that a unit spends on a location with radiation, it will lose 1HP. Radiation WILL NOT kill your units. The lowest your unit can get to from radiation is 1HP.

Structures:
You now need level 3 metal, level 3 oil, and level 3 farm in order to attack.

Colony:
You now get a crystal when you reach 30 power.

Units:
Damage units have been buffed. Damage units have more damage than they did before. Nothing else has been changed.

Units gain experience from killing other units and surviving.

Achievements:
You now get the relic and 10 relic achievement at the end of an era (when the world enters havoc).

Trading:
Boosted resources cannot be sent to other players.

Markers:
Anyone in your alliance can place a marker on the map with a symbol, name, description and priority. Only ministers and leader can delete them. They can be toggled.

Ministers:
Ministers now have powers of marking alliances and renaming the alliance, depending on the role.

Damage units:
Damage units now deal 7 damage per round, rather than 6

Flag Post

i can’t jam anything any more. the only option is, “ignite thrusters” or “make haste” even though my spy is on my castle.

all the OPs, mines/mills, colonies are all ballooned out, and i have to zoom way in to click on something to select it and check it.

the new updates have messed up the interaction of the game. i like the actual updates, since i have played .com, but the update has bugged up the system

i am using google chrome if that helps. i can’t even get in with IE.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DessertFox:

i can’t jam anything any more. the only option is, “ignite thrusters” or “make haste” even though my spy is on my castle.

all the OPs, mines/mills, colonies are all ballooned out, and i have to zoom way in to click on something to select it and check it.

the new updates have messed up the interaction of the game. i like the actual updates, since i have played .com, but the update has bugged up the system

i am using google chrome if that helps. i can’t even get in with IE.

now that i got everything working, do we really need to pop up the window every time i add spy protection? do we really need to pop up the window that i jammed someone?

please make it stop.

also, i can not launch missiles at relics. gives error message. “target controlled by admin”

Flag Post

yeah dessertfox, relics and garrisons should be immune to spies and drags

Flag Post

Indeed, unless they are owned by a player.

Flag Post

what fun is that? i certainly won’t be the first guy to waste my army on a new relic.

we need a volunteer…

YOU! come here.

Flag Post

Did this happen before?

Flag Post

Damage units now have 7 attack instead of 6, so that might explain it :)

Flag Post

MMMMMMM, this might be be tempting ta have another play

Flag Post

play with me Ze!!!

I’m willing and waiting (in your room)! :) :) :)

Flag Post

damn u need to plant an agent if u want to spy a colony

Flag Post

Noooooooooo, i can’t vote to get blues……

Flag Post

We plan to add very soon new option Daily bonus
Players can click on the “Your Daily Gift” button every 24 hours.
The gift can be one of the following options:

• 50-100 Metal
  • 50-100 Oil
  • 5-10 Workers
  • 5-10 Bonus Tokens
  • 10-20 Energy

Flag Post
Originally posted by zed5001:

MMMMMMM, this might be be tempting ta have another play

just like the .com mr. zeze. let’s play!

Flag Post

The Daily bonus seems too little compared to what we could get from Voting and getting blues.

Flag Post

20 to 30 blues a day maybe since you could get around 40 or 45 from voting yeah?

Flag Post

U can still nuke relics?

Flag Post
Originally posted by frostyicing:

U can still nuke relics?

No. You can no longer nuke, or spy, relics controlled by the Admin (You cannot nuke the Admin himeself anymore) . So you are able to nuke them if owned by another player I believe.

Flag Post

Can we stop the events log pop up already? i know i jammed, added spy protection, ran a scan, etc. it is very annoying, and time consuming to close after every event i do.

When i build an OP, it doesn’t pop up, i’m not really sure why building an OP was added to the events log, but at least it doesn’t pop up when you build one.

Flag Post

Next update: Implement event log filter (It flashes whenever something that you think is important happens and remains silent whenever less important stuff happens.)

Flag Post

Why do you penalize everyone who isn’t in a top 3 alliance. The person who win’s the round is usually in the top alliance, so he ends up with 4000 blue tokens to start the next round. Everyone who finishes below the top 10 won’t have a chance to start the next round unless he gets lucky and finds a wreck that might give him 44 blues, or a ufo that might give him 4. You have taken away any chance for the little guy. Removed any chance at fair play. It’s not in the best interest of the game to give some a super advantage over everyone else.

Flag Post

As someone that just got 4000 for the alliance and 1st place win, I agree. 4000 is a bit excessive.

And the winning alliance usually has all the relics, so they will top ranked as well.

Solution, reduce the token awards. Lets go back to simple, 1000 to the top alliance, every one else gets zero.

Flag Post

Honestly, getting 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place without blues reaally isn’t that difficult, and I like the reward for first place. It gives players some motive to keep playing BD.

Flag Post

So long since I’ve looked at this forum and nothing seems to have changed.

Firstly, if your main motivation to play BD is getting tokens that can only be used on BD, quit, quit now. Play because you for unknown reasons like the game, or because you like the people you play it with, I stopped liking the game long before I quit, simply because I liked the people and skype chat was about 100 times better than BD itself.

I suggest only rank 1 gets tokens and they do not get 1000 per member, they get 3000 tokens, between the entire alliance and the alliance members decide who gets how many.

No single player can be given more than 1k.

If every member of a 10 man alliance contribute equally they get a very small 300 blues each. Still better than nothing.
If only 3 members do all the work, those 3 members each get 1 k.

Since some people are just greedy hobos this will probably never work.

But at least this way, every alliance member would have incentive to work as a team player and not just score whore.

Herro skype peoples, I r not dead