Get rid of second place tokens

25 posts

Flag Post

Seriously.

Its killing BD. Era after era turns into a compromise where one alliance gets others to turn over relics and they agree because they still get tokens for giving up without a fight.

What happened to having to earn the wins?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

agreed

Flag Post

What about the new people to the game that have yet to win? If 2nd place tokens were removed the new guys simply couldn’t compete with people that had hundred of blues…

That is why the second place tokens are needed so that after a war between 2 big alliances a sub or minor friendly alliance with newbs in it could get tokens – however small.

The fact that more tokens are given for a win gives people an incentive to win. However if token rewards were reduced…then I could see the game being less broken

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharma600:

That is why the second place tokens are needed so that after a war between 2 big alliances a sub or minor friendly alliance with newbs in it could get tokens – however small.

And there in lies the fault…. there are no wars between the big alliances. #1 says to #2, gimme relics or fight. #2 tucks tail and turns over the relics. They have no incentive to fight.

Why not do this…..

Prize Pool of say 1500 tokens/player goes to the winning alliance. The leader can split that 1500 token/player award between one or two other alliances. The admin asks him/her at the end, he/she responds, (as an example) My alliance gets 1000/player and these two other alliances that helped get 250/player each.

Now you have the chance of getting tokens if you help the winning alliance, but being in second doesn’t mean diddly so they have an incentive to take arms and fight to get first to get tokens for their alliance

Flag Post

wind if there was an autistic scale you’d be at the top
like if you rated people’s asperger levels out of 100 you would be 99.9999

Flag Post

Get rid of tokens all together. Number 1 alliance gets a personal you win message from admin. Everyone else gets an automated you lose message. That is enough incentive for alliances to fight. Or if tokens really need to be awarded then do a judge base token awarding system. Admin or whoever is appointed a judge will choose which alliance deserves tokens based on anything.

Flag Post

Couldn’t agree more about the compromise thing. Or you can have an admin rule like, if you turn over the relic without a fight = ban.

Flag Post

tokens awarded based on kills conquers and score?

Flag Post

Or, instead of tokens, how about this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stanaslaus:

wind if there was an autistic scale you’d be at the top
like if you rated people’s asperger levels out of 100 you would be 99.9999

I wonder who would have 100 levels cough Stan cough jk :P

And I agree with Rien’s idea (not the first one the second one, the first one is just stupid :P)

Flag Post

a HUGE example of giving up with no fight is this fantasy(because first place get 2000 tokens and 2nd gets 1500 not so different)

Flag Post
Originally posted by windancer:

Seriously.

Its killing BD. Era after era turns into a compromise where one alliance gets others to turn over relics and they agree because they still get tokens for giving up without a fight.

What happened to having to earn the wins?

Whatever happened to sudden backstabs? I’m referring to the broken Christmas truce of ’11 involving the infamous fingerling/Citizen duo.

For the newbies that have not seen a real battle yet.
https://sites.google.com/site/battledawnhof/earth/earth-1/earth-1-era-25

Yes, notice the rank 1, 3, 4 players. Rank 5 player is a cant.

Flag Post

Look at Fantasy right now…. barely tic 500 and its over because the top alliances are “allied” knowing that the #2 still gets rewarded. Kong has such a small player base, so the small alliances work well, but not when they just ally into a super-alliance that every still gets paid for.

Small alliance size, no second place tokens. Otherwise the game will just wither and falter, like it is now.

Flag Post

This is becoming Simcity! Even when we have an alliance war some members fight and the others just sit on their 10 squads, building up score to get to the top3. They need to give an incentive for alliances to resist the #1 bully.

Flag Post

Yeah this is already happening on Earth, rank 1 and 2 are allies. Wouldn’t surprise me if the rank 3 joins in on it soon too.

Flag Post

I agree completed. Before we updated, I was able to run events where only the top alliance got rewarded, but since the updates, the 2k/1.5k/1k prize is automated. I’ll ask our devs about the possibility of disabling it on kong, as it’s clearly not as appropriate here as it is on .com

Flag Post

ROUTHY <3 LISTENS TO THE PEOPLE (Unlike Seth who is a nubcake as he is the only admin to not have added me on skype .)

Flag Post

Pops to mah Preeps!

Flag Post

Spoke to the other admins and they told me a method for disabling the auto-tokens. The next era on each world will be either player rank based prizes (players ranked 1-15 get tokens, or something similar) or rank 1 alliance prizes only.

Flag Post

WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!
(hugs pillow a little tighter)

Flag Post

Huzzah!

1) Pretty sure we are all dead and this is just some afterlife dream because Routhy agreed with me… a true sign of the apocolypse.

2) Might actually play one of these worlds were people, you know… fight and stuff.

3) Maybe….. Just maybe…. Routhy will run another of the growing alliance size eras again (Starts at 1, at tic 250 goes to 2, tic 500 to 3, then at tic 1000 with the last relic release up to alliance 4.)

Flag Post

I would like to see the expanding alliance again, also. It was a lot of fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Routhy:

Spoke to the other admins and they told me a method for disabling the auto-tokens. The next era on each world will be either player rank based prizes (players ranked 1-15 get tokens, or something similar) or rank 1 alliance prizes only.

Only the winning alliance should get tokens, if you do it based on player rank everyone will become greedy and it will only hinder the game.

Flag Post

ooh expanding allince sizes sounds fun.