BigEarth Christmas Event? page 2

110 posts

Flag Post

Okay for one.
A 2 ticker on a humongous map would take the entirety of Christmas break just to get half the mines on the map. So limit the tick sizes to 6-8-12.

Two. Alliance sizes should be from atleast 5-10 don’t care honestly just want a nice big war throughout the era.

Three I agree with frosty with the Championship era badges.

Four I also agree with b3st with the “big” relics.

And lastly I agree with Zorro make it so theres more relics. It makes it so theres a lot of competition.
Heres a thing I disagree with.

I don’t want this to be advertised on .com for two reasons.
1) I personally hate most .commers Khalia made that evident with her boosting on m1 and f1.
2) You get locals like me from kong who wouldn’t stand a chance if one of the “.com families” comes here to play this event. It would make it pointless and worthless in my very limited and not very humble opinion

Flag Post

While you’re at it, also bring back the old good looking client. I may be tempted to play again then.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tekka77:

While you’re at it, also bring back the old good looking client. I may be tempted to play again then.

Damn Tekka, I miss you so much :’(. And Tom we could get garrisons too?

Flag Post
Originally posted by destructoboy31:

Okay for one.
A 2 ticker on a humongous map would take the entirety of Christmas break just to get half the mines on the map. So limit the tick sizes to 6-8-12.

Two. Alliance sizes should be from atleast 5-10 don’t care honestly just want a nice big war throughout the era.

Three I agree with frosty with the Championship era badges.

Four I also agree with b3st with the “big” relics.

And lastly I agree with Zorro make it so theres more relics. It makes it so theres a lot of competition.
Heres a thing I disagree with.

I don’t want this to be advertised on .com for two reasons.
1) I personally hate most .commers Khalia made that evident with her boosting on m1 and f1.
2) You get locals like me from kong who wouldn’t stand a chance if one of the “.com families” comes here to play this event. It would make it pointless and worthless in my very limited and not very humble opinion

A 3000 tick earth at 4 ticks/hour would take less than a month. We should do a 4-6 tick, a balanced speed where things move along but aren’t too unreasonably fast. But we should advertise this on .com. It’ll get more people to come here. Besides, boosting’s good for Tacticsoft ;)

And I think some of our old pros could beat those .com folk.

Flag Post

ahhaahhaa tekka is so fukin obssesed with that old client look

Flag Post
Originally posted by Paradoxes:
Originally posted by 0range_hat:

I would love this. Makes for a longer era.

Edit: Actually answering the questions
1. Yes, I would love a BigEarth event. Around the perfect time as well.
2. Entire map. Makes for a longer era. Hopefully bigger wars, even if alliance size is 10.
3. Wouldn’t mine it being 6, but at least make it 6. Please?
4. Of course.

We should restrict to continents. If we don’t, the few playesr who have been winning consistently are going to get massive starts from their blues, and 4x the resources, AND everything their teammates get. We should also do a draft for it.

I like that draft idea.

Flag Post

The issue with draft i think of will the level of play be the same. I love the idea but people who are loyal friends on opposite sides might go to harm their own alliance.

The other issue is who gets drafted? Does everyone? Last time an alliance of 12 who choose not to participate spawned in America and messed up a side making the “opening truce” a full out battle for one side and a clean up on the other side.

Some people might be looking to get their name out so maybe have many big alliances, like 3 people who are friends and known to be good make a 12 man alliance but the “best” players or people who normally take top in each world can not be together. So you have to recruit less known players or newer players to become better and then making more competition for future games (issue would be .com players coming in new accounts or kong players making new accounts but then do they really feel that they deserved the victory)

I would suggest that we do not have a line that causes fights at the edge of Europe and Africa for that makes a stall of a game with nukes fired and no real aggression for the long attack turns. (at most i pref to not have to attack any more then 6 tick)

Also anything above 6 ticks do not = sleep or anything else pref 4 or 3.

Flag Post

Sleep is for the weak.

Flag Post

Hmmm, YES! we should hav 1… 6 tick …

Flag Post

Another thing I wanna add, when the b00n is this starting.

Flag Post

The clue is in the name.

Flag Post

GG I forgot about that. Derp:/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Routhy:

The clue is in the name.

Great job Tom. Well said.

Flag Post

I would go for this, but only a 3 tick.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LightIce20:

I would go for this, but only a 3 tick.

Okay, I started….STARTED to reply to this post in all caps but I’ll try again.

You realize Tom was thinking about making it the humungous earth where Britain was the size of Madagascar. So it would literally take us a year and a half to finish this era if it was a three tick, so 3 ticks would take forever

Flag Post

12 ticks will let us end it pretty faster and it’s very good because we can enjoy Winter Holiday.

Flag Post

yes plz!

Flag Post

I love Paradoxes idea of a Draft. That would be nuts… I’d also prefer it be by Continent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrookedArrow:

I love Paradoxes idea of a Draft. That would be nuts… I’d also prefer it be by Continent.

What do you mean by “Draft”

Flag Post

A draft as in, a player is assigned to lead the Continent. The leaders then get together and start drafting players who they want in their alliance. I am sure Tom could figure out how to get this set up by then.. Its a lot more balanced than that silly crystal thing that we did last time.

Flag Post

The clue is in the name.

It would be very stupid if this started on Christmas Day. I will not be able to really log on and enjoy the beginning. Also, Christmas is in the middle of Christmas break, which means we’d only be utilizing half. If you started it roughly a week before Christmas, that would give plenty of time for the era to progress and optimize competition through activity.

@Crooked Arrow: We should start the nomination process for captains as soon as possible. I’ll make a forum post for it later.

Flag Post

The clue is in the name.

It would be very stupid if this started on Christmas Day. I will not be able to really log on and enjoy the beginning. Also, Christmas is in the middle of Christmas break, which means we’d only be utilizing half. If you started it roughly a week before Christmas, that would give plenty of time for the era to progress and optimize competition through activity.

@Crooked Arrow: We should start the nomination process for captains as soon as possible. I’ll make a forum post for it later.

Eh, I think we should vote on the starting time as well. Christmas isn’t in the middle of my break. We get out on the 23rd. I don’t think we should switch the schedule around just for one person :P. You’ve to think of others, and not just yourself Paradoxes.

Also, Tom didn’t finalize the draft idea, it was just a suggestion from a member of the community. And in the past, BD doesn’t care what the community says :3.

Flag Post

The clue is in the name.

Eh, I think we should vote on the starting time as well. Christmas isn’t in the middle of my break. We get out on the 23rd. I don’t think we should switch the schedule around just for one person :P. You’ve to think of others, and not just yourself Paradoxes.

Also, Tom didn’t finalize the draft idea, it was just a suggestion from a member of the community. And in the past, BD doesn’t care what the community says :3.

Tom doesn’t make the alliances, the players do. Thus it doesn’t matter what Tom says about the draft idea.

Also I was using my own Christmas schedule as an example, I am aware that I’m not the only person in the world and I’m offended that you think I do Atlanta.

Flag Post

The clue is in the name.

Tom doesn’t make the alliances, the players do. Thus it doesn’t matter what Tom says about the draft idea.

Also I was using my own Christmas schedule as an example, I am aware that I’m not the only person in the world and I’m offended that you think I do Atlanta.

Hehe. You know I joke around. Don’t take it so serious.

What I am just trying to point out is Tom is the only one who can make the map size bigger. The point of the event was to make the Earth bigger. Wouldn’t you think that he would be head of it?

Flag Post

I also feel that sometimes players need to take matters into their own hands. I have no problem with Tom helping and giving his input, but when it comes down to it we’re the ones playing the world. I’ve already started the draft forum, please give your nominations.