Debugging games

10 posts

Flag Post

I’ve recently began making flash games and have found that I spent a lot of time debugging. What I do is to play the game a lot and try to use all the different options of it and in all the ways that I imagine players may use it. Is there a method that I don’t know to find bugs in the game in a fast way. Or at least to find the most of them before release?

Flag Post

You could get other people to test it for you, they might find bugs in places you never thought of looking…

Flag Post

if you let me test it for bugs… you will never need to test again.

Flag Post

I pm’d you Phatcat

Flag Post

LOL, there is no pm in the forum. Anyway how can I contact you so you can test the game I’m making for bugs. It’s not finished yet, I may finish it tomorrow.

Flag Post

lol wtf, pm… I can help out with the testing if you need, as well.

Flag Post

Ok for those that want to help me finding bugs on the game here is it http://www.zupagames.com/game/balloonescape/ If you find something you can send me an email to webbom @ yahoo.com Remove the spaces.

Flag Post

There’s jerky animation. Try improving it…

For the gameplay: I’ve seen crappier work that tries simple gameplay like this. I like it: Pretty simple… Too simplistic so it gets boring…

I see no bugs…

Flag Post

Ok, thanks for testing it and for the suggestions.

Flag Post

I was at level 6 and the boy escaped (and I think the baby). I still had a life left, but it wouldn’t say game over or bring me to the next level.