Multi User Games

8 posts

Flag Post

Does Kongregate have any way of creating a multiuser game within their site. Or does a developer have to setup an offsite server using XML Sockets, PHP and connect to that server.

Or is it possible to create a multi user game without having to setup something server side?

any recourse links would be cool.

thx!

Flag Post

Coming soon. Within the year.

Keep a look out :) The cards are going to be used as the base of their own multiplayer game.

Flag Post

Coming Soon. When they feel like it!

Flag Post

Done when its Done.

Flag Post

In order to make a multiplayer flash game, you really have to have a separate server which each flash client can connect to. I hear SmartFox is a pretty general solution for flash stuff, I think it uses an XML protocol or something similar to that. You could write your own server in C++ or Java or something that has socket communication available, but that’s a lot of extra work.

Flag Post

You can also use PHP, which actually works quite well. Kongregate Racing by Jiggmin uses PHP to handle the socket server stuff, and as you can see it works rather well.

Flag Post

I’ve checked out games using XML Sockets, and PHP. I have a friend who is pretty down with the PHP end. I was just trying to figure if K would eventually include something like this, rather than having to pay for a separate server, traffic. Got a couple projects to wrap up before I jump into multi – user stuff anyway.

Flag Post

Cool, so when it’s ready we’ll be able to use the same API used in the card game to make our own multi-user games?

That’s awesome!