how do you upload a game?

56 posts

Flag Post

im having trouble finding my swf,dcr,and icon. can anyone help?

Flag Post

To upload a game (must be in .swf format) click the U P L O A D link ;D

Flag Post

how do you get it in swf format?

Flag Post

What do you mean how do you get the swf? You make it, in Flash. Don’t upload games if you’re not the developer; the upload feature is for your work only. This is not a place to upload swfs you’ve grabbed from other places.

Please see the “Uploading” section in the FAQ

Flag Post

how do u uppload stuff if its not yours ? Because there is a game and it says u are allowed to upload it on to other web sites

Flag Post

Read the FAQ as I directed. Here is a quote:

bq. Most importantly, uploaded games (including all components of games, such as audio) must be your original work or work you have permission to upload from the owner. Kongregate has absolutely no tolerance for uploading stolen content. Violators of this policy will automatically receive a lifetime ban.

On Kongregate, you get credit and even cash for uploading content. Therefore, if you upload a game that is not yours may be getting credit and money that doesnt belong to you. In the least you will be getting site points that are not rightfully yours. Even if a game says you can host elsewhere, doing so on Kongregate could be considered illegal since earning cash or taking credit usually violates the terms of their hosting agreement. This is not your site, and you cannot claim credit or earn money from something that doesnt belong to you. If you have an acknowledgment letter that specifically states you can upload it to Kongregate for them, then maybe thats another matter.

In short, to be safe, do not upload anything that does not belong to you. This site is here to give due credit to those who work hard to build the games, not those who go out and download them.

Besides, why would you even want to upload work that is not yours except to get credit/rewards/cash that doesnt rightfully belong to you?

Personally, as a professional developer who’s been fighting Flash thieves for years, I have no respect for anyone who tries to upload anything that isn’t theirs. Its low.

Jim or Emily can answer this question better as to what exactly is their policy under certain circumstances. You can speak to them in the chat rooms.

Flag Post

im not uploding stolen content im just confused about how to make my own. oviously you people dont get it. i just want to make my own game but i dont know where to start. i just started this yesterday and i dont know how to make a game. =(

is there a website i have to go to or somthing i have to buy to create a game?

Flag Post

You need to learn action-scripting…

Flag Post

im not uploding stolen content im just confused about how to make my own.

oviously you people dont get it. i just want to make my own game but i dont know where to start.

Thats why I requested you clarify what you meant, because you didnt give us enough information. If people dont understand, you need to state your question better. The second, much longer post was directed towards InvaderSkooge, not you.

i just started this yesterday and i dont know how to make a game. =(

is there a website i have to go to or somthing i have to buy to create a game?

Read the FAQ Sticky in this forum.

Dont double, triple or quadruple post. Use the edit button as Jude mentioned or wait before you hit the submit button. You dont need a post for every sentence.

Flag Post

im not asking about how to post messages my question is how do i make my own game?

Flag Post

I’m aware of that. Read the FAQ as I directed and that will get you started. Next step is to do a google search and start experimenting on your own. Building games is a lot of work and requires developing your skills. People are not going to hold your hand the whole way, but they will help with your questions when needed if you are polite.

By the way, you will find people will be more helpful if you dont make smart comments. Being rude will not get you help. Regarding your multi posting, both Jude and I commented on it because we are site moderators. People tend to dislike multi-posters, so it was a kind tip mostly for your sake (and it is also our job).

Flag Post

sorry then , but i stil dont know what to do. =)

Flag Post

Did you read the FAQ? If you have, and you still have a specific question on something you still need then feel free to ask it here.

Flag Post

Is it possible to upload more than 1 swf for a game? Some of my content might have assets that are not embedded (loaded at runtime) to streamline bandwidth.

(sorry am a newbie, so still learning how to upload game)

Flag Post

i dont know ima noob 2

Flag Post

Click the “I would like to upload additional files for this game” on the upload page, then select your file or a .zip.

Flag Post

I think someone needs to clarify that there is no such thing as a point and click flash game making software.

Flag Post

I think someone needs to clarify that there is no such thing as a point and click flash game making software.

Thats a good idea. Perhaps I should put that in the sticky.

Flag Post

sorry for hijacking – hides -

I just saw that button. Thank you very much.

Flag Post

If you wish to create a game there are basically thre things you need.

1. Story/imagination/goal whatever…

2. ActionScript 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 knoledge and know how and when to use it

3. Graphics such a sanimations and still images

As I saw on another thread ’’A game can take either 100 lines of code to maybe 50,000 lines of code plus graphics.

Try to look at things for your self.

HINT: G-O-O-G-L-E.com

Flag Post

Can I upload other games,like final ninja?=D

Flag Post

You’re not allowed to upload a game you haven’t created.

Flag Post

i did a google search and found a working and very simple mechanism for making games and it costs only 37 dollors while the guy who made said to make one it costed over 50,000$ so im just giving you a suggestion

Flag Post

Please read this thread, thank you

Flag Post

and can we refrain from bumping topics over a week old?