GiTD [#10] Voting

66 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
Death

Voting Ends:
Thursday 27th January 10pm GMT (5pm EST, 2pm PST)

Voting Rules:
You must vote for a 1st place and a 2nd Place. The 1st place vote will receive 2 points and the 2nd place vote will receive 1 point. The person with the most points will win. Using alts to vote will result in disqualifications. Remember to make it clear who you are voting for. You cannot vote for yourself.

Entrants:
qwerber – I love you daddy
GameBuilder15 – Afterlife
Senekis93 – Eye of Hell
Siveran – Farm of Souls
Bobikas – Being A Death: A Beginners Guide
lobstershow – Flight of the Death (? PM me your final version if this is not it)
Pr3tat0r – Death Touch

Good Luck to everyone.

Want to be notified each time a GiTD contest begins? Shout your name on my profile to go on the mailing list!

Flag Post

1: Farm of Souls
2: Afterlife.

Flight of the Death: Amazing graphics (as always), too bad you didn’t finish it, Lobster.

Being a Death: I loved the instructions animation, but the game itself is buggy. Most of the time the humans won’t die even if you’ve been touching them for a while.

Farm of Souls: I’m totally loving it! I hope you release the remaining stuff soon.
Just one thing: The text at the beginning is hard to read. Do something about it. x.x

I already commented the rest on the other thread. there isn’t much to add to what I already said.

Flag Post

1. Eye of Hell
2. Afterlife

Flag Post

1. Senekis93 – Eye of Hell
2. lobstershow – Flight of the Death

Flag Post

1. Farm of Souls – Awesomesly awesome!
2. Senekis93 – It kept me entertained for a while :)

Flag Post

Game list updated. Please check out the new games and change your vote if you so wish.

Flag Post

Alright, going through all of them:
I love you daddy: I found the story touching, the game was a simple avoider. Nice graphics.
Afterlife: I got to the end (fff so sloooww) and didn’t get to see the ending because I was holding right and space. It needs a lot more to it, such as platforming elements and enemies that don’t die when you’re a mile away from them. I like the background, not impressed by the stickmen. Nice music choice. I would consider this among the top if it had a single platform to jump on or a single enemy that actually posed a threat.
Eye of Hell: I like it, just needs some polish, such as death/victory animations. It also looks as though you used a special font but it didn’t embed correctly, it looks like this to everyone else. Good music.
Farm of Souls: LOL SIVERAN YOU SUCK what are these pixel graphics, you’re so lazy, and rofl the screen is stretched everywhere don’t you know how to publish an 800×500 stage and put 25 px black borders on it? Also no badges or guns 1/5.
Being A Death: A Beginners Guide: The instructions video was awesome. However, the gameplay was lacking, a lot. The humans just seemed to get stuck and do nothing, so it was easy, and it was short.
Flight of the Death: Amazing graphics, good gameplay, an interesting visuals-based take on the theme, I want to see it finished, it’s good so far.

So, difficult choices, but:
1. Flight of the Death.
2. Eye of Hell

Senekis: Yeaaah I was working on the instruction screen at the last minute, zoomed out and went “Oh god what fiendish eyesore have my hands created.” Sequels, if I make any, won’t have pixel graphics at all, I stuck with pixels because I didn’t have time to make prettier ones. However, once the voting is finished, I’ll immediately upload the unstretched version—which I’ve already fixed on the local .swf on my computer—and give the instruction screen better text.

Flag Post

Votes:
1. Siveran – Farm of Souls
2. Qwerber – I love you daddy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Siveran:

Eye of Hell:It also looks as though you used a special font but it didn’t embed correctly, it looks like this to everyone else.

Oh, god… evil font. u.u
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll fix it once the voting period ends.

Flag Post

1. Siveran
2. Senekis93
Loved both of them! Glad I got to see Senekis93’s through the stages! :D

Flag Post

1. I love you Daddy
2. Afterlife

Flag Post

If I’m allowed to vote, I vote Siveran/Farm of Souls, and… edit in a few minutes. But Farm of Souls is amazing, even if it is unfinished.

And I Love You Daddy, for the intro, but not for the gameplay. =/

This narrowly beat out lobstershow’s fotd. I liked the art, I liked switching weapon mechanics, but after that wore off (and it was pretty too, can’t forget that) it got kinda “Is this it?”

2 pts Siveran / Farm of Souls
1 pt qwerber / I Love You Daddy

Flag Post

I love you daddy: no comment
afterlife: no comment
eye of hell: very neat game!
farm of souls: stopped playing in less than a minute, but neat game, even though i didn’t get it.
being a death:lacks some gameplay.

vote:death touch
eye of hell

Flag Post

1st qwerber
2nd lobstershow

Flag Post

I don’t usually vote, but Farm of Souls is simply amazing. Followed by I Love You Daddy

Flag Post

Double post to explain in case anyone is wondering.

Siveran is updating his Kong game because of its surprising rating and score and so I’ve moved the exact version of his game to a megaswf link. Please do not judge the game on his profile since it may have been updated since the contest submission deadline.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

I don’t usually vote, but Farm of Souls is simply amazing. Followed by I Love You Daddy

Yeah, what Farm of Souls represents behind the scenes just floored me, I really like it.

Flag Post

qwerber – I love you daddy – Nice game. Short and with a message in it.
GameBuilder15 – Afterlife – Already commented on this game.
Senekis93 – Eye of Hell – Too much of grinding for score and power ups in otherwise fine game.
Siveran – Farm of Souls – Awesome. Spent more than an hour even though I am supposed to be working. Please add something to show how many souls are currently working. And some kind of timer for next death to occur (when souls are released). High scores plz. and it would be good if higher level souls make something impressive like pyramids and the buildings should also have a decay timer. more space for souls to work.
Bobikas – Being A Death: A Beginners Guide – whenever I try to touch a human irrespective of whether it is moving or not I get more stains and game finishes without me having any humans.
lobstershow – Flight of the Death – Nice graphics.
Pr3tat0r – Death Touch – need more elements

My votes:-
1) Farm of souls
2) Eye of hell

Flag Post

1) Farm of Souls
2) Flight of Death

Flag Post

Actually i wasnt entering it but lets see how it goes =D

Flag Post

1. I love you daddy (I actually accidentally started typing “I Love You Danny” Lol.

2. Being A Death: A Beginners Guide, loved how the tape goes into the TV.

Flag Post

1)Farm of Souls
2)Flight of Death

Flag Post

Farm of souls. Play’d it under new games, saw it was for GiTD, had to vote after playing for 2 hrs. Awesome job

Flag Post

I don’t usually vote on here, but holy fish… Farm of Souls? That’s on a whole new level. Epic stuff, Siveran!

1. Farm of Souls
2. I love you daddy