Procedural Flash demo collab

4 posts

Flag Post

Someone on Flash Kit had an idea of putting together a demoscene-inspired Flash demo using procedural ActionScripted effects. It would be a collaborative project, where each person would code a short segment, and then all the segments would be chained together with some background music. It would be kind of like the animation collabs you see a lot of on Newgrounds, except scripted instead of animated. I think it’s a good idea, and a good chance to show off some of the advantages of using procedural, math-based API graphics.

So far no one has taken up the opportunity on Flash Kit, unfortunately, so I thought I’d post here. I know there were a couple of people participating in the ActionScript competition that editundo started, so maybe some of you would want to work on a short demo. I don’t think it has to be anything big, this first collab is mostly an experiment to see if any interest can be generated among programmers and viewers.

Here’s the thread.

Reply there or here if you might be interested or have questions. Thanks.

Flag Post

Sounds very interesting. So its basically a collection of actionscript driven scenes, animations and gadgets.. Well, I might join in, if I find some time :)

Flag Post

hah your stealing the collab idea from newgrounds ok well why not wait till multi-author option is released

Flag Post

>hah your stealing the collab idea from newgrounds ok well why not wait till multi-author option is released

It’s still on NG’s site,just hidden.

But should I post the link?