What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
First, initalize the score variable by:
And then, an event must happen to add 1 to a score so:
//blablabla, Greg isn't awesome, face it.
If you want to add a number like 5, change it to: score+=5.
Before Indie starts to shout at me, I’m lazy to use AS 2.0 :P
One way of displaying dynamic information is by creating a Dynamic Text box using the Text tool:
1) Pick the **Text Tool** from your Tools panel
2) Draw a textbox in your stage using the **Text Tool**
3) Format the text to whatever you want (font style, size, color, etc)
3) Select your textbox —\> and then in the Properties panel, select **Dynamic Text** in that drop-down
4) In the **Var** field of the Properties panel, type the variable name you want to display (in our case, the variable name is score).
to test if it works place this code in the first frame of your timeline:
* * *
> score = 12; //this assigns 12 to score and if you did it right, your text box should display 12.
* * *
Let me know if that works out for you.