how much money i made from my games

12 posts

Flag Post

Hello everyone. It seems that a lot of people want to know how much money can be made from writing flash games. I decided to write some and find out. Here’s a link to the article that I just wrote, which gives details like number of views and amount of money made for 5 games.

http://spiralforest.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-much-money-i-made-writing-web-games.html

Flag Post

Thanks for sharing your experience! I’ve sent you an email to the webmaster address on your games site.

Flag Post

It was interesting but you didn’t try Mochiads, that’s one of the things people are wondering in stats at the moment the most.

Flag Post

Lol u know thats not how its works it depends on the quality of the game

Flag Post

How much was made from Towerdefence if you dont mind disclosing ? As it is the current hot game atm

Flag Post

Did i read the article correctly? Only earning double digits?

Flag Post

DTD was publicly stated to have earned 100 thousand plus on kongregate alone sometime when it only had 2 badge. Probably 110, 120k by now.

Flag Post

What do you mean 100k+ ?
I hope you don’t mean in dollars, because that would imply 3 or 400,000,000 hits, and I don’t think DTD has that much at all; especially at kong.

Flag Post

DTD may be one of the popular games in Kongregate and the World Wide Web but that alone can’t get you 1 K, lest 100K+

Flag Post

Let me see……

DTD has almost 1000K plays on Kongregate,and about 600K on v1.5,300K on v1.0

According to Kongregate ad revenue system it can get about 364.5 USD from Kong. (each play = 0.0009 USD for Kong)

And it has mochiads,and his website has another ad on DTD pages,so it’s easy to earn a lot of money.

Flag Post

Yes but it said

DTD was publicly stated to have earned 100 thousand plus on kongregate alone

Which is obviously impossible.

Flag Post

I’m going to ignore the issues of DTD for now, cause I honestly don’t know much about it.

However, I feel like it’s worth mentioning that the numbers given in the article are very low for the games you made. You mentioned near the end that “a very high quality game can make between a hundred and a thousand dollars,” though, and that kind of bothers me. A mediocre and sloppy game can get $400 or $500, easy, and a very good game by a known artist/programmer can be well beyond $5,000.