Swf to exe ( not projector)

22 posts

Flag Post

Is it possible to play flash without flash-player installed? I heard that SWF file and flash player itself may be included into one EXE file. It cannot be decided with creating projector. Please Help!

Flag Post

Your posts are a little hard to understand for me.

SWFs play IN the Flash Player; that’s the way it works. So, they either have to have it playing in a browser plugin, in the Flash Player Projector as a separate EXE or with the player packaged together with the SWF as a projector. You can also use AIR or some other 3rd party EXE creating tools.

If they don’t have it installed, you typically need to create a projector. I’m not sure exactly whether you are saying you can do that or not. You can’t get away with it without using some form of the player though.

Flag Post

Although only half relevant, HaXe, an open source alternative to AS3, can output it’s code into C++ which becomes a true exe file and not just something wrapped like the projector output. But you would have to write your application in HaXe from the ground up.

Flag Post

Is there any tool that can decompile swfs into haxe?

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerber:

There is no such thing as a dumb question, but you really tried.

Originally posted by Drakim:

you would have to write your application in HaXe from the ground up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerber:

Drakim would have to verify, but I don’t think that haXe’s syntax is too dissimilar to AS3. If so, it wouldn’t be that difficult to port a small project.

Flag Post

That is true. Porting would be a breeze. The main problem is that in C++ you wouldn’t have access to the flash libraries. Meaning, using built-in objects like MovieClip, Sprite and BitmapData is off the table. You’d have to convert the graphical portion of your application into whatever C++ graphical library you chose to use. (there are some that are somewhat similar to the flash model I think).

However, all the game logic and such of your game could pretty much be ported directly over without any modifications as far as I know. The difficulty in porting the overall thing depends a lot on how intertwined your project is with already existing flash libraries and classes.

Flag Post

Friend advised me to use Flajector ( http://flajector.com/ ). Is it good?

Flag Post

That is a scam. You can not convert SWFs to EXEs and that’s final.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkscanner:

actually, you can. it wouldn’t be difficult to transcribe AS ByteCode to regular (with some minor manipulations to certain function calls / lookups) Machine Code and inject it into an EXE fragment that has functions designed to emulate FP’s API. it would take a lot of effort, but it is entirely, 100% possible.

however, flajector simply creates a projector and gives you the option of including a version of flash with it, or just simply using the version that’s on the system (which may not work, because it may be out of date, or it may not be installed)

Flag Post

mmmm…. fully agree

Flag Post

Excuse me, but it is possible. It is possible to produce such conversion.
Perhaps it had not previously required, but now you can easily convert these formats. And not only with the help of Flajector

Flag Post
Originally posted by DartVaderus:

mmmm…. fully agree

lol nice try UG lock this shit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerberberber:
Originally posted by DartVaderus:

mmmm…. fully agree

lol nice try UG lock this.

If you don’t post after a bump, I can hide the bump and the thread will go back to the latest non-hidden post’s date and off the front page.

Flag Post

Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys about a tool called Zinc that makes exes on all platforms on PC.

http://www.multidmedia.com/software/zinc/

Flag Post
Originally posted by skyboy:
<div>Originally posted by darkscanner:</div>

actually, you can. it wouldn’t be difficult to transcribe AS ByteCode to regular (with some minor manipulations to certain function calls / lookups) Machine Code and inject it into an EXE fragment that has functions designed to emulate FP’s API. it would take a lot of effort, but it is entirely, 100% possible.

however, flajector simply creates a projector and gives you the option of including a version of flash with it, or just simply using the version that’s on the system (which may not work, because it may be out of date, or it may not be installed)

Skyboy: Swoops in and puts No guy in a chokehold. Oh whats this? OHHH hes giving him the chair!

No but seriously Skyboy. Thank you. Almost anything is obtainable with enough effort. It would be much easier and effective to write the program in a programming language that is compatible with swfs though.
Unless you made a program of that which does the operations Skyboy has said. Can you say mo’ skrillah?

Flag Post
Originally posted by alecz127:

Skyboy: I’m too stupid to check the post date or the most recent posts to realize what I’m doing.

God frakking damnit. Fine.

Flag Post

I love that picture.
good one Draco! To be fair I may never check the OP post date, but I was posting cause some of my favorite guys like you posted in here. : )
silence

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

If you don’t post after a bump, I can hide the bump and the thread will go back to the latest non-hidden post’s date and off the front page.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:

What is your problem? I had new information to share.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerberberber:
Originally posted by Draco18s:

What is your problem? I had new information to share.

Not you, alecz127, who posted RIGHT ABOVE MY POST hence my post.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator