How to make Flash games page 5

146 posts

Flag Post

Would button games also be made with Stencyl,FlashDevelop, and etc?

Flag Post

Button games aren’t games; it’s like calling your web browser a game because it does stuff when you click an item in the menu.

These button “games” are even simplier; you have a single object and a file with text, every time that you click the button, it displays the next string until the end is reached.

The “click and display the next string” part can be coded in FlashDevelop in less than a minute, I’ve never used Stencyl, but it sounds a bit messy to try to do that with a drag and drop interface. Nevertheless, I’m gonna guess you can also do it with Stencyl.

Flag Post

It’s possible in stencyl. Very easy to do, though hard-coding it would be better (and possibly faster for the developer to make :D)

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Just a heads up, If you’re going to make a flash game, please add in upgrades, because everyone loves upgrades.

Flag Post

I got sothink to work.it working ..

Flag Post

ok i downloaded flash can you answer my question on this topic.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4-game-programming/topics/302628-flash-develop

Flag Post

thanx

Flag Post

The Flash develop tutorial does not help it gave me bad info so WTF this is the only place with even 1 little bit of help i just want a bloody command list why can’t we have one like with batch?!?! EDIT: ok i went a bit over board ok well the flash develop tutorial kept not telling me were to put parts of the code and i would like a command list kind of like the one for batch neat and easy to find everything. were as the list i got from here might as well have looked like this ssajksakkjaj.

Flag Post

Well il be making one soon! thanks!

Flag Post

so i was trying to learn this with the tutorial you have on there (the pong tutorial involving flash develop and i either A am to stupid to figure this out or B this person can not tell someone how to put a key handler even in the right place because i have messed with the code for 2 hours just the section where it identifies that a key is being pressed (specifically down). Should i use a different tutorial?

Flag Post

Thanks, very useful help.

Flag Post

I know how helpful resources can be when you are trying to improve your Flash skills, and since this site is all about developing I’ve decided to consolidate some links and info to help.
I’m going to start small and add to this when I have time, so here are a few. If you have suggestions, post them and I’ll add them here if they are helpful :)
This thread has been updated with some questions that have been asked frequently.
See this link
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4-programming/topics/89-faq-making-games-read-first

Flag Post

Hello, I am in a CP1 course, and I just finished learning beginners Python, now I am learning BlueJ. Any tips for an easy-to-understand flash game I could create, like Snake for example?

Flag Post

Stencyl isnt the best software to make your games in, its quite laggy. I suggest go pro with Adobe Flash Pro

Flag Post

First post updated with formatting. Ideas for content of second (and possibly third) post?

Flag Post

I recommend deleting the 2nd sentence in the first post which is hilariously inaccurate- “This guide is about Flash, which offers comparable 3D performance and quality to Unity.”

Flag Post

How would it be inaccurate? The performance of both is pretty much the same. (It had a less accurate statement there before, as well.)

Flag Post

thanks, i like this thread. Really appreciate it!

Flag Post

Thanks for telling me this.

Flag Post

Great and definitely informational thread. Thanks.

Flag Post

Hello, which programming languages allow me to create 2D platform games?

Flag Post

its difficult tomake a game or upload a game

Flag Post

This looks very interesting, I think I will choose flash, as it allows integration of the kong API, which will allow developers and the staff to hold a look on player statistics and see if they are cheating somewhere or exploiting a bug.
my first wonder was though, if I could make games in 3D, I guess that if that isn’t possible in flash, then I will try and see if I can get 2.5D rolling like in good ol’ idtech 1.
This collection of information is well written and refined, also very helpfull without filling the first 4000 digts, at least didn’t feel like it, keep up the good work.

Flag Post

well ya, its hard too to make a game using stencyl