How to make Flash games page 6

145 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by PowerBoy1:

This looks very interesting, I think I will choose flash, as it allows integration of the kong API, which will allow developers and the staff to hold a look on player statistics and see if they are cheating somewhere or exploiting a bug.
my first wonder was though, if I could make games in 3D, I guess that if that isn’t possible in flash, then I will try and see if I can get 2.5D rolling like in good ol’ idtech 1.
This collection of information is well written and refined, also very helpfull without filling the first 4000 digts, at least didn’t feel like it, keep up the good work.

You can theoretically make games in 3D using Flash (look up Stage3D). You can also make 3D games with Unity, but you cannot use AS3.

Flag Post

This article has great reference value, thank you very much for sharing, I would like to reproduced your article, so that more people would see it. Thanks for this article.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

You mention haxe and flixel in the top post. You probably should also mention http://haxeflixel.com/

Flag Post

how to i even open the programs

Flag Post
Originally posted by ErikMcLeanM:

how to i even open the programs

which ones ?

Flag Post

Thanks, I’m playing around with my newly downloaded Stencyl.

Flag Post

I made my game with Game Maker, and I don’t see a way to save it as any files listed, can I simply use a .exe? If not is there a way to convert a .exe (which I have rights to) to a file that would work? And don’t just say that gamemaker sucks and use that as a reason for me not being able to do this. That just means you don’t know, but think you should, if you don’t know, don’t answer. I’d prefer an admin anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Teneven:
I made my game with Game Maker, and I don’t see a way to save it as any files listed, can I simply use a .exe?

If you buy the pro version, you can export to html5. (source)

If not is there a way to convert a .exe (which I have rights to) to a file that would work?

You can pay someone to port your game for you. Otherwise, no.

And don’t just say that gamemaker sucks and use that as a reason for me not being able to do this. That just means you don’t know, but think you should, if you don’t know, don’t answer. I’d prefer an admin anyway.

Okay, fine. Gamemaker Studio is great. You still can’t do it, though. Buy the pro version.

Flag Post

Truly Difficult to program them

Flag Post

Don’t They Use Flash ce6.

Flag Post

Probably a stupid question and I’ll probably get a stupid answer. But is it possible to make a game for other than in Flash? For example, I have experience in C++ and C# (specifically XNA). Would it be possible for me to create a game in that and then post it here? If not is there a possible program to convert it to Flash?

Flag Post

I never really understood why so many people hated AS2. I still think it has a place with regards to rapid prototyping and just making something fast and easy. Check out http://www.roughridergames.com

Flag Post
Originally posted by gamerman227:

Probably a stupid question and I’ll probably get a stupid answer. But is it possible to make a game for other than in Flash? For example, I have experience in C++ and C# (specifically XNA). Would it be possible for me to create a game in that and then post it here? If not is there a possible program to convert it to Flash?

Kong doesn’t support files made with C#, C++, or XNA. AS3 is extremely similar to all of those however, and it shouldn’t take too long to convert your code to AS3. I know it stinks, but coding is extremely fragile, one wrong keystroke and the whole thing may not even work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HitmanPwner:

Kong doesn’t support files made with C#, C++, or XNA. AS3 is extremely similar to all of those however, and it shouldn’t take too long to convert your code to AS3. I know it stinks, but coding is extremely fragile, one wrong keystroke and the whole thing may not even work.

Not entirely true, about C#. You have Unity.

Flag Post

I suggest adding Axel to the additional tools.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pugzy:
Originally posted by HitmanPwner:

Not entirely true, about C#. You have Unity.

yes, true

Flag Post

Hi !

Anyone know why the Michael James Williams’ Avoider tutorial is broken ? I followed the tutorial last week and I had not done, I’m so sad :( I hope he comes back.