GiTD [#22] Entries and Discussion (Also 72 hours!)

37 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
30 seconds to…

(Blame David! if you no likey)

Deadline:
Monday 5th September 12pm GMT (7pm EST, 4pm PST)

Prizes:
Gigantic spot in GDR You can donate some kreds for prize if you want!

Information:
For those who do not understand the rules of GiT(hree)D, you have 10 3 days to create a game based on the chosen theme. Once the deadline has passed a new voting thread will be created where users will vote for the person’s game who they think should win. Using an engine is acceptable as long as the person submitting it creates the majority of the game. You may work in a team of up to 2 people.

Questions?
Please feel free to ask in this thread or through PM!

Flag Post

ಠ_ಠ

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Deadline:
Monday 5th July 12am GMT (7pm EST, 4pm PST)

July 5th? 2012?

Flag Post

I assume the theme is “30 seconds to….”, and not “30 seconds to blame David”? :p

Flag Post

it could be…just imagine the possibilities

Flag Post

Blame david is for if you don’t like the theme.

@Bob Why did you quote me then change what I wrote? :D

Flag Post

Okay. I have an idea for this one. It’s a shame its not a GoTW, and because of that I might end up skipping the contest, but i’ll see what I can get done.

Flag Post

You can always submit a quick game for the contest to get feedback and proceed to add on to it (without updating the link you posted) for some more time.

Flag Post

That absolutely won’t work for the game I plan to make this time around.

I wonder where I can get the art that I’ll need for it. I don’t need much but I do need detail x_x

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

That absolutely won’t work for the game I plan to make this time around.

I wonder where I can get the art that I’ll need for it. I don’t need much but I do need detail x_x

PSSSSSST. Saybox, enter coin collector 2 in the competition. No one will notice that it doesn’t fit the theme nor was it made in the entry period. It’ll totally win.

Flag Post

Sick! Right when i read “30 Seconds To…” an idea popped into my head. This will be my first GiTD, so wish me luck, haters!

Flag Post

was it “30 seconds to Mars”? :D

Flag Post

was it “30 seconds to Mars”? :D

That would be good. Since doesn’t it take 3 months to get there right now? :D

Flag Post

maybe you should put “30 Seconds to Mars” into Google and see what the reference actually was :p

Flag Post

maybe you should put “30 Seconds to Mars” into Google and see what the reference actually was :p

Band, and a pretty decent one. :^) I like the theme though.

Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Blame david is for if you don’t like the theme.

@Bob Why did you quote me then change what I wrote? :D

Hmm, how come there’s a period after your ?…

Edit to below: Shhhhh, that’s what i was hinting at

Flag Post

Its not a period. Zoom in.

Flag Post

I’d love to take part in this, but sadly it’s most inopportune, since I’m currently preparing to go to university. D:

Flag Post

Done.

Flag Post

senekis need more colors. maybe you can make a color palette tab below and let player choose the colors. you can also add button to increase/decrease thickness of line. also some transitions will look good, player can make the drawing/objects then click on buttons to make it explode/zoom in-out/tinted/grayed/move across screen/reduce/increase size/etc

Flag Post

Remember there’s 30 seconds to draw. I guess I’ll add some hotkeys to change line width and color.

E: Done.

Flag Post

Entry completed.

Flag Post

30 Seconds To Save The World is almost done, and Cosmic Commando (the entry above) is awesome! Really great work, Kaveman.

Flag Post

24 hours left! Gogogogogo

Flag Post

Oh, few. For a second I was thinking today was the last day.