Game Ideas

14 posts

Flag Post

Here is a thread for you to post your game ideas and get some for yourself!

Here is one of mine. A mining game that is a mix of the idea for the game Motherload and the graphics of Boxhead. You are a mining tycoon in search of iron, coal, gems, gold, silver and a few other types of valuable things you would find in the ground. It would NOT be a sidescrolling game, instead once again a more boxhead approach to movement. It would feature: 20+ types of ores and such; upgradeable mining platforms and drillers; an interior control for the drills; and 100s of upgrades that can be boosted further by using metals you find. Like this idea feel free to use it, just please credit me, if not I will hunt you like the dog you are, just kidding. But really give me credit, same with everyone else who posts ideas in this forum.

Flag Post

My idea is super duper awesomezorz! okay it’s 2 dudes right? they attack and then they fly and they go into slow motion! whoa! That would be awesome! it would be called supeer awesome slowmotion, duel of the flying brothers!

Flag Post

Here’s the suggestion I get from every kid who wants me to make a game for them. It’s amazing, because they all seriously suggest the same game.

1) Big open city “like GTA
2) Main character who plays by his own rules.
3) Shoot angry people.
4) Shoot innocent people if you want.
5) Super powers should fit in somewhere.
6) Storyline is irrelevant.

So basically, they all want Crackdown. Microsoft must have picked up on this concept and played off of it. Good call; now I can just tell kids to play Crackdown instead of explaining why it’s a bad idea for a game.

Flag Post

yeah, crackdown is pretty fun. i just played it today and i was thinking “it probably won’t get any better than this. once i beat this i’ll probably have to off myself…”

Flag Post

It’s amazing, because they all seriously suggest the same game.

Stick RPG FTW!

And I heard from someone (Guess it’s DingoEatingFuzz), John (jmtb02) got bugged 24 hours from a kid who’s trying to convince him to make a game from his “creative mind”… Those were the days…

Flag Post

A game which I make. Wouldn’t that be awesome?

Flag Post

Some kid wanted me to make him a game so bad that he tried to convince me that he had a terminal disease and the game was his gift for the Make A Wish project. Interestingly, he didn’t know what his disease was. And when he claimed to put his mom on to talk to me, she somehow didn’t know what it was called either. Hmmm…

Flag Post

Maybe the disease was alzheimer’s

Flag Post

Some kid wanted me to make him a game so bad that he tried to convince me that he had a terminal disease and the game was his gift for the Make A Wish project. Interestingly, he didn’t know what his disease was. And when he claimed to put his mom on to talk to me, she somehow didn’t know what it was called either. Hmmm…

Now… We should be able to hide moderator logos AND developer logos, eh?

Flag Post

maybe it was just really hard to pronounce

Flag Post

I’m thinkin of a side scroller where you use a punk rock instrument to shoot things or, beat them with it, and maybe have multiplayer bosses.

Flag Post

I was thinking of a game where you are a redneck defending your house in the swamp from various dangers.(including those pesky IRS guys).

You would have various redneck weapons. You would start with a hunting rifle, then get stuff like a sawed off shotgun, dry ice bombs(yes, rednecks have made them) aerosol flamethrowers, and of course a bloodhound. There might even be some humor to it. See my thread if you are interested in programming it, I am just a concept designer(i might be able to do some art as well).

Flag Post

I think we got too many more defense games than other games at the moment.

Flag Post

I think we got too many more defense games than other games at the moment.

Indeed. >:(