Game Idea.

7 posts

Flag Post

I was playing a game called Overrun II by denvish, and I had a thought. What if there was a game that was like DTD, but you could get in one of the turrets. So I am shouting out to all the game makers here to see if that would be possible. The basic idea would be a tower defence game, where you lay out your map, and then when you get bored of just waiting for say gold or something, you could jump in one of the towers and start blasting stuff, and then when you needed work on your map, you can go back to the DTD mode. So if any devs out there like this idea, write here and tell me if its possible, if its a good idea, or if you are thinking of making a game like this. Thanks.

Flag Post

Sounds Awesome.

Flag Post

Sounds Cool, Seems to me you should get a bonus or something when your inside one of the turrets shooting at the creeps, cause I think that would be hard to do, to switch back and forth. I Like the Idea, Good Job Myth.

Flag Post

thats idea would be awsome some needs to make it for us its sound like it would just rock

Flag Post

Lol then it wouldnt be a real Towerdefence game game now would it its possible but the idea has been talkedon before and rejected personaly i dont approve it eigher since TD games are based on startegy and defence games are based on agility not competible

Flag Post

Hmm, sounds like it might be good.

Flag Post

It sounds like battalion wars, but battalion wars has some key differences: One, in battalion wars the only benefit would be faster aim switching, because you could, with enough skill, individually assign targets and it would work like you were controlling the character. Two, battalion wars had an awesome dev team. Three, battalion wars was free roam on all parts.

Why these things matter….
1: If you had a tower defense game where you could assign targets, it would not be tower defense anymore. It would ruin the strategy and just make it agility. How many times in a tower defense game have you been frustrated because although the towers COULD have killed all enemies, they were not set up in a favorable way for the AI to tell them to shoot enemies/shot 5 shots at a 1HP left creep. Without that, tower defense games lose a major portion.
2: The awesome dev team made switching easy and did not drastically affect the way you saw things. A few decent flash programmers could sloppily toss it together, but it still would not be as good.
3: Free roam. Turret defense and tower defense are both entirely different types of stand still games. The reason the RTS and shooter were compatible was because they were effectivly the same use of the 3d view to get around. If you swapped to a turret, the other turrets would also still have to be firing, and the creeps would be getting killed farther back(or not) and you would have no knowledge of it. It just would not work.

Creativity gets an A+, rational usage of it gets a D-, final grade of idea, B- if executed perfectly, likely developing skill bonus makes this game a C, or probably a 2~2.5