What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Then the best thing you could do would be to make a very simple game or experiment so you can see how it works in practice.
1. 1) Just move something around which was already on the stage. Learn about keyboard and/or mouse input
2. 2) Create instances of objects (from the library)
3. 3) Detect collisions between objects
4. 4) Make sure you understand how object oriented code works. Store references to movieclips in arrays, put movieclips inside movieclips and so on.
5. 5) (For the committed programmer of more complex games) Think! And read about useful algorithms and when to apply them. For example you almost certainly don’t want to hitTest all your bullets against all your creeps.
6. 6) Write the game – you can now build it using the _gift_ of programming, and work out what else you need to look up as you do it.
There are tutorials which cover 1-4 all over the web. There’s a list in the [FAQ: Making Kongregate Games. READ FIRST!](http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4/topics/89)
For (5), just don’t restrict yourself to actionscript tutorials.