New Sponsorship Type for Games

12 posts

Flag Post

I was wondering how many people would do something like this: You get paid based on the % of total game plays of a site. So if the site earned $500 and your games accounted for 10% of the total game plays you would get $50. Would you do that? I was approached by a site that has this kind of a model, and I won’t disclose their name, but would you do that? And is it better than get say, 1k one-time?

Flag Post

Efectively Kongregate does the same thing slightly differently. It counts the number of plays you have, and gives you add money directly proportional to that, in theory giving the same amount. In the sytem you described most games would create miniscule percents, possibly screwing things up.

Flag Post

I don’t really understand exactly how Kongregate works. So you get money every month? Or just the first month if you win the contest?

Flag Post

You get money every month based on your number of add impresions, which comes from your plays, as well as money for contests etc.

Flag Post

About how much money is average for developers? Like if you got 1k game plays?

Flag Post

Not much. there was a thread I think. The most money is from contests, people were saying they got less than $1 for a normal month. Of course it’s a decent amount for a bigger game like Desktop TD, or a game given a badge. I’m not actually a deveolper on kongregate.

Flag Post

So if this site makes $500, an you get even 1% of the hits, its better there, than at Kongregate?

Flag Post

The Kongregate advert revenue at the moment is pretty negligable. My total earnings from it are around $50 – compared to the sponsorships/contests, that’s nothing.

I can’t give you any more detail as my ad report is broken (still), but the total gameplays to produce that would be something like 180,000 working out at about $0.0003 per view.

Flag Post

The way I count it is aproximately 1$ per 4000 hits.

Flag Post

1$ per 4000 hits = $0.00025/view, so that’s about right.

Flag Post

So ad rev on Kongregate should get better over the next few months. We didn’t put much work in it to start with (we have tons of pages that don’t have any ads on them at all!) but we’re starting to work on it now and should have both more ads (but not to the point of being annoying) and better rates pretty soon.

Flag Post

This is easily the first time I have ever been excited about more ads!