GiTD [#25] Entries and Discussion page 2

220 posts

Flag Post

The school holidays in Australia start of the 31st of march and go for 2 weeks, so earlier is better than later :)

As for themes, I personally hate the idea of a horror theme, it’s way overdone and overrated. I like the idea of Infinity, or Randomly generated, or both of course.

Flag Post

Earlier is better for me. I think I’ll try to make a game as long as it isn’t the 19th.

Flag Post

Make the theme Randomly Generated Tiled Dungeons (or forests or caves or any other location good for killing and exploring in) so I can steal what the smart people come up with and throw it in my game. ;)

Flag Post

Glad a lot like the “infinity” idea :)

Just to clarify, these time votes are for the END dates right? If start dates, I’d suggest the 31st (Saturday) or something very soon.

Flag Post

Infinity sounds like a good theme.

Flag Post

Preferrably not March 29th. But the rest are great, and I could do March 29th if worst came to worst.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Abigayl:

Just to clarify, these time votes are for the END dates right? If start dates, I’d suggest the 31st (Saturday) or something very soon.

How could March 29th be the end date? Unless you mean for the Game in Two Days contest?

Flag Post

I won’t be entering this one, so any/none of the dates I guess.

I like either infinity or stealth. They both could be interpreted rather creatively.

Flag Post

29th works for me, 5th or 12th are good too though.

I’m not too big on the infinity theme, to me that sounds like almost every highscore-based game ever made. But I’ll roll with it!

And I’ll just throw out this as a theme suggestion: “a lesson is learned but the damage is irreversible”.

Flag Post

Hey what’s the policy on using pre-made engines? Like using the same physics from a previous game, it’s really time consuming if you can’t get it perfect straight away.

Flag Post

Given that some have used engines made by others (Flixel, FlashPunk), I don’t think there would be any problems if you recycle your own stuff.

Flag Post

Cool, thanks. I think a descision about the date should be made pretty soon. Since the 29th is already too late.

Flag Post

March 30th is my birthday so I guess the 31st or near that time would be good for me.
Man I haven’t entered GiTD for ages!

Flag Post

So is the date/theme decided yet? I’m assuming it didn’t start yesterday.

Flag Post

The theme is “stealth” and in keeping with that theme it already started without us noticing ;)

Flag Post

Hmm. Seems to be a pretty much even distribution between start days, with April 19th being the best date for 5 people, April 12th being best for 3 and April 5th being best for 4.
If you put all of em are good I didn’t count your vote.

However, I think it would be best if we started on the 5th since, as someone pointed out, a lot of “Spring Breaks” Start then and because I’d rather have the competition earlier than later. April 19th runs into AP testing prep time as well.

tl;dr GiTD #25 will start on the 5th.

Flag Post

Yeah, right here in Australia we have our term break which lasts for 2 weeks.

Flag Post

I say a “Fast paced” theme. Like fast movement, etc… A theme where the player has to always be moving.

Edit: Such as an Avoider Game.

Flag Post

platformer theme would be fun to

Flag Post

So have you chosen the theme and will tell us on the start date, or is the theme still open for discussion? Since it’s starting on the 5th I’ll probably only be able to put a single day’s work into it like last time, but GiTD is always still a blast!

If it’s still open to discussion, some kind of horror theme would be really cool but for some reason I also love King Rhoades’s idea of a “fast paced” theme as it reminds me of what I had in mind when I suggested “reflexes” as a theme.

Flag Post

The theme is up for discussion and will be chosen on the start date officially.

Flag Post

Perhaps someone should add a poll for the ideas mentioned and the votes for them…

Flag Post

Someone had a poll gadget that they embedded in a forum post a while ago. It was pretty neat.

Flag Post

Easter weekend? Eh. I’ll be happy to vote as always :D

Flag Post

5th? I think I’m not joining this one.