Experianced AS2 Programmer Wanted

19 posts

Flag Post

Hey there. I really don’t want to waste any more time saying “hi”, so I’ll just get to the point.

What I DONT Want:

I do not want a semi-experianced programmer. I do not want one who could’nt code a revolutionary game. The game I want to develop will be revolutionary. What it is… I do not know. I simply do not want someone who isn’t incredible at the profession.

What I Want:

I want a good programmer, one who understands how to make a multiplayer game, integrate API’s an much much more, all in AS2. One who can code incredibly. One who is terrific at it. One who could really tickle my fancy (odd sentance, eh?).

What I’m Offering:

I’m a pretty good artist. If you want samples of my work, just ask. I’ll post them shortly. I don’t like to boast about my talent, because really, I wouldn’t know if I had talent. The desicion is all yours, Simon. Simon. Get it? No? Oh well.

Something Else:

Albert Einstien once said that imagination is more important than knowladge. Do you agree? Imagination ispires. Knowladge builds. Walt Disney also stated that “Everything that ever was, or is, began with a dream”. What am I suggesting by all this? It should be quite clear. Even a game with terrible execution can achieve greatness. I want to build a game that achieves excellency. For this to become true, I need a good idea. No, I do not want this to be a DTD rip-off. I want to be original in the idea of this game. Oh sure, but DTD gains 1000’s of dollars. Yeah, sure, but DTD’s success does not guarantee a “DTD Clone’s” success. Please try to understand, I need an idea, not one that’s impossible, but not one that is very simple.

Some Notes:

I might have gotten the quotes mixed up.

I may just have had a couple misspellings in the post.

My E-mail is carlosalbors@gmail.com

Flag Post

Sounds like your standards are quite high, just make sure you can live up to them yourself or else people who are really experienced aren’t going to desire working with you. Realize that good talent is something that can be difficult to find and is often highly rewarded for that reason.

Flag Post

Thanks for the deep insight, Arcane. I really want the game to be revoluionary, hell, even premium (as in Kongregate Premium games). Like I said in the post, I’m not sure if you think I have talent. I did some work for the Newgrounds art contest (you have to design T-shirts, with only 4 colours). I’ll post that shortly.

Flag Post

You’ve said a lot about how you need the coder to be amazing, but you’ve said little about how you’re going to match that. Samples? Reasons that an amazing coder would want to work with you over someone else?

Flag Post

listen…
i don’t think i live up to your standards (i’m a pretty good programmer but i don’t think i “code incredibly”) and i don’t have that much experience, but still i’m stuffed up w/ offers(paying ones), i’m working on 4 different projects (again, paying projects) simultaneously.

i don’t want to be mean, but what can you offer to the brilliant programmer you describe, i know some incredible programmers but they work for 60$+ per hour, hell, i work for 40$ per hour and i’m not even good enough for you.

my advise is to lower your standards, start small and build from there.

Flag Post

BTW

don’t get offended or discouraged from the replays you get here(especially not from my replay) this industry is craving new talents.
if you work hard enough you’ll make it big.

good luck

Flag Post

Yeah, maybe my standards are too high. Give me an idea for a game that would be considered a premuim game. If you can code it, I would be glad to help.

Flag Post

Show us examples.What will this game be based on saying your pretty good dont mean you are most good programmers wont even bother to contact you if you dont show something an example my thread “Spartan-judge it” which was kindly locked by arcaneCoder(thanks) was just to get some feedback on my art and then what do i see kalinium(popular with Orb series)offers me a job in his biggest project yet something i did not expect.

Flag Post

Here was my entry to the NG contest in whichyou have to design a t-shirt with only 4 colours.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Flag Post

sorry to burst your bubble but you must submit an original character not third party and dont take this the wrong way but if i was a profesional programmer i wouldnt work with you with this example and you still dont have an idea how can you know you neeed a l33t programmer when you dont know what you re making now do spend some time to make something for this cominity to see not something you showed NG first.

Flag Post

Hey retron, I got a propostion for you. Email me at smigbob@gmail.com for details. It’ll be win-win for both of us.

Flag Post

Smigbob wasnt the only game you submitted runned by the code on(release){gotoandstop(#)}

Flag Post

It had some other code. Besides, I wasn’t going to fulfill his wants which he spelled out above, I wanted to collab with him on my game, so he would get the exposure he wanted, and my game would be drastically improved.

Flag Post

I think you should have pointed that out.

Flag Post

He would have pointed that out via email (which has nothing to do with you)

Flag Post

You sample isnt really your art and doesnt really illustrate skills you need for game dev. If you have anything else thats your original work, it would help to post that instead.

Give me an idea for a game that would be considered a premuim game. If you can code it, I would be glad to help.

Start off small and work your way up. Requesting that someone else come up with an idea and someone else code it and then come to you to work with you isnt really incentive, in fact its a big ‘no no’ when it comes to collaboration and would get you flamed on many other sites. If you want to be involved you should be the one coming up with the idea or at least have the experience and ability to create premium level art.

If you cant contribute equally, my advice is to find someone here who is about your skill level and build a simple game first.

Flag Post

It looks like you have absolutely no plan for what you want, you just want someone to do whatever you say when you figure out what it is that you want. Suggestion: Most game developers want a plan.

Flag Post

Not to be too offensive, but if you had to use a fairly simple T shirt as a sample of your “best” work, I can do better than that with a bit of time and MS paint.

From what I understand, you are an artist who has or does not have(I really can’t tell) a game idea that you want programmed by an uber programming good. You want it to be perfect, and apparantly you want credit for the game when all you can do is some fairly simple art.

Flag Post

I’m sorry, I don’t recall me saying it was my best work. I can do much better. This was a new style I wanted to try, and it apparently didn’t work.