Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 11

646 posts

Flag Post

Danny that actually looks pretty adorable, i would play :D
Good work getting better with the arts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by a3lex33:

Offtopic: Do everyone really develop both code and graphic side of a project? I thought that a lot of people stick with some basic debug graphics while writing code.

I find my motivation increases if I have graphics that are either the final graphics or close to the final graphics after a week or two in the project. Helps get over that hump where people lose interest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:
Originally posted by a3lex33:

Offtopic: Do everyone really develop both code and graphic side of a project? I thought that a lot of people stick with some basic debug graphics while writing code.

I find my motivation increases if I have graphics that are either the final graphics or close to the final graphics after a week or two in the project. Helps get over that hump where people lose interest.

Definitely, I wish I started doing that when I first started making games. It keeps me interested in my game and it’s not as much of a chore to do the art all at once after the gameplay is done.

Flag Post

If you insist… i WAS working on it, but uploaded it about 5 minutes ago
http://www.kongregate.com/games/lavaflame2/supah-dodge-adventures

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

Really nice game man, I thought I had beat it but then there was this entire new world that had purple slime and ranged enemies. Awesome game :)

Flag Post

I’ll may as well show what me and my partner has done so far:

The game is gonna be a mix of Stick War and Starwish, if any1 doesn’t know.
Currently, 2 out of the 7 playable units sprite sheet have been completed, with about 3-6% overall completion with the project!

Flag Post

Yeah! Good one! I’m fond of this type of game. And this one seem very promising.
Good luck to you and your partner!

Flag Post

here is one i’m almost ready to release.

Flag Post

@ yuusakuhin ty for ur compliment! :D

edit: @ momoguru, looks cool so far! I kinda these kinds of RTSs!

Flag Post

Hey, dude
This is what I am doing—-recording my game
Do you notice the break HAHA
Great
!!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Fun little platformer as my first project written in Haxe.

Flag Post

I just started work on a small ARG

And no, I don’t expect you to be able to read what I’ve written on those cards. It’s all generic stuff like “URL” and “audio file” and “email address.”

Flag Post

Flag Post

I do enjoy a good ARG. The Portal 2 one was certainly interesting. Though I have a habbit of turning up when they’ve all finished.

Flag Post

Nice pic Draco. I like how you included a corner of your laptop’s screen in it to ensure it qualified as a “screenshot of what you’re working on”! ^^

Flag Post

Yeah, same here. My placeholder graphics for serious projects are almost always final graphics. Or, what I think will be final at the time, as my ability improves and I feel compelled to go back, tear up old stuff, and replace it with shinier assets. Squares and circles are too hard for me to work with. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

Yeah, same here. My placeholder graphics for serious projects are almost always final graphics. Or, what I think will be final at the time, as my ability improves and I feel compelled to go back, tear up old stuff, and replace it with shinier assets. Squares and circles are too hard for me to work with. :(

It isn’t until the end of a project that I have a reasonably unified art-style in mind. But that doesn’t stop me from wasting lots of time in Photoshop constantly changing my designs and then having to redo every menu and button :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

Nice pic Draco. I like how you included a corner of your laptop’s screen in it to ensure it qualified as a “screenshot of what you’re working on”! ^^

Closest I could get. :P Still in the design phase. I’d have mocked it up on the computer, if it wasn’t for the nebulousness of how the game would be structured—I needed the ability to modify the diagram willy nilly.
(Unfortunately, that means the cat can also modify the diagram willy nilly)

Flag Post

Sudoku on an emulator. Trying to get the numbers to smooth out but that is what you get for scaling bitmaps I guess. :/ I’ma noob. bitmap.smoothing = true; accounts for container scaling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

Really nice game man, I thought I had beat it but then there was this entire new world that had purple slime and ranged enemies. Awesome game :)

I know I could just PM you saying thanks, BUT. . .
Thanks DannyDaNinja! I’m happy to see at least one person who likes my game!

Flag Post

Supaplex remake:

Flag Post

That looks somewhat chaotic to me. I have never played the original, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBohnny:

That looks somewhat chaotic to me. I have never played the original, though.

This isn’t chaotic, it’s only the visible part of the level (original levels had ~80×36 dimension), and this level is something like self-designed, I don’t remember this block sequence in the original. :)

Flag Post

I’m not talking about the level design, but the visuals. All colors are very saturated, and the different blocks don’t connect with eachother. Also, the light source seems to be different on all blocks.