Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 12

664 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Well that’s a bit disturbing.

Flag Post

That looks great, although the lighting’s a bit dodgy. Appears to be almost a ‘beam’ of moonlight, but….it can’t be, ya can see the canopy, no beaming there…..and sunset at the other end? Looks odd to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

ErmMahGawd! Can I joinz tea party? or is it E10+, becuz I is only too yearz borned.
(on topic: What the bloody ‘ell is that?) I’m reporting this picture for making fun of morbid dancin’ syndrome

Flag Post

That looks like a game I would enjoy… if it’s a game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

How deliciously morbid. I can’t wait to see more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Amibtious:

That looks great, although the lighting’s a bit dodgy. Appears to be almost a ‘beam’ of moonlight, but….it can’t be, ya can see the canopy, no beaming there…..and sunset at the other end? Looks odd to me.

I expect it’s no sunset but a campfire, there’s some bright spots near the ground in the distance. It can also be large fire, as if a village is being burned. Yep, some horrors.

Flag Post

Is the image too dark, in terms of the actual graphic, not the content? On my PC it looks great, on my iPad most of it is pretty much black. And I don’t have any other monitors to test on.

Flag Post

Yeah, it is pretty dark.

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s a bit dark, and that’s with my stronger-than-average contrast settings. Dark graphics like that are great when fullscreened, but with flash games, it can be a headache if the page they’re hosted on is filled with lighter colors.

Flag Post

I’m making a version of the card game “Go Fish”, it’s almost ready, just Medium and Hard AI difficulties to code and that’ll be it.

Flag Post

Flag Post

All theses games look awesome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:
Originally posted by JohnnyBohnny:

That looks somewhat chaotic to me. I have never played the original, though.

This isn’t chaotic, it’s only the visible part of the level (original levels had ~80×36 dimension), and this level is something like self-designed, I don’t remember this block sequence in the original. :)

Yes, it is new level. There are 60 completely new levels. Original levels are as bonus.

I’m not talking about the level design, but the visuals. All colors are very saturated, and the different blocks don’t connect with eachother. Also, the light source seems to be different on all blocks.

Yeah, you are right. I know that graphics are not so good but I don’t have money for better graphics (this is hobby project). Anyway I will try to lower saturation.

Flag Post

Work for a client.

Flag Post

Rocks with lightning and green horsies!!!11!1!!!one!!1!!

Flag Post

Well obviously, my game sucks compared to all of yours :/

But the thread topic tells me I have to show you so…

Crappy of course, still working on it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Rocks with lightning and green horsies1!

Don’t you just love surrealism?

Flag Post

The game I was working on for the end of January:

Llama Gods (working title): It is based on those slider puzzle games, but hopefully far less irritating and boring. Basically, the goal is to get the llama gods to kill the demon faces and save the people (well, saving the people is accomplished by killing the demons, so it’s really just a way of saying “don’t kill the people”).

People, demons, and Rock Llama move off of their tile onto the next adjacent tile in the direction of tile movement.

I started out with 5 llama types, but I’m contemplating adding two more.

All llamas’ special abilities are triggered after they move.

The Llazy Horny Llama just sits there. You have to get the demons to move onto him (of course it’s a him — it’s llazy and horny).

Rock Llama will jump off of the tile he’s on in the direction of his tile’s movement onto to the next adjacent tile, crushing most things beneath him.

The Standard Fire-breathing Llama will set fire to whatever is in the tile in his facing direction (llamas turn to face the direction of their last movement), incinerating most things. Fires will spread to adjacent tiles on the next turn if there is a flammable target, and will die out after a few turns.

The Llama of Electric Death electrocutes whatever is in her facing direction, and the llightning immediately chains to adjacent conducting targets.

The Llama of Almighty Destruction fires a beam that destroys everything in His facing direction whenever He is moved.

There are fire-, llightning-, and rock-/horn-immune demons (depicted by their colour).

The two I was thinking about adding are the Cooll Llama and the Llama of the Night (but I’m not sure that they aren’t a bit too complex):

Cooll Llama freezes entities in the tiles adjacent to her. Frozen entities become ice blocks, which are immune to llightning and horny llamas. Ice blocks thaw from fire, or after a number of turns pass while not adjacent to Cooll Llama. When the tile they are on is moved, they continue sliding until reaching an obstacle, the edge, or fire (which thaws them). This could be used to move an entity farther than normal, or to move an aggressive llama without harming those around it.

The Llama of the Night will kill any demon or person in his facing direction, and will transform a llama in his facing direction into another vampaca like himself (the latter is not a loss scenario, as there is still the llama goodness — or in this case, badness). He transforms into a fruit bat when moving, which continues in movement direction until coming upon a tasty morsel or the edge, and will fly over inedible items (skulls (remains of demons or people) and ice blocks).

Too much?

Flag Post

Adventure, rougelike, action game I have been working on for about 4 months. Has random enemy, loot, and semi random level generation.

And a bunch of stats

And a ton of skills and special abilities (Don’t mind the 50000 mana)

Flag Post

Lots of typos on your second image: Character, Dexterity, Equip, Destroy, Automatically.
Also, those invertory instructions seem very difficult, shft clicking, control clicking hovering, right clicking.. Can’t you simplify it into a single right click menu? The Flash game audience doesn’t have a lot of patience.

Flag Post

right click menus are really slow in Flash for some reason, even if custom made. Perhaps you meant “single LEFT click menu”?

Flag Post

JhonnyBohnny I fixed the typos >.> thanks.
Also you can click and drag and drop the items those are just options for quickly moving the items. And you can simply scroll over any item like your right ring slot by scrolling over it but when your playing the game it is actually very easy to use and handy.

The Flash game audience doesn’t have a lot of patience.

These were made specifically to make the inventory screen easier and faster to use.
The text is just there as a reminder.

Flag Post

Oh joy, I finally have a menu screen!

Flag Post

I’ve been working on a metroid-style game for the past 5 months (off and on).

I’m getting more serious in the development now, I’ve mapped eveything out and designed everything. There’s much to explore and many missable items and power ups. While this game doesn’t overtly resemble Dark Souls, that game has highly influenced my design sense.

Plan for a Summer release and a trailer in the next few weeks. If I can keep the size somewhat reasonable (I’ll allow it to be somewhat big in file size, because it’s so ambitious and I believe so strongly in it,, but there are still some limits to how long someone wants to load something) I may release as a flash game to be played in the browser on portals such as this one. I’m doing everything but the audio on my own.