Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 13

663 posts

Flag Post

Wow, I’m really loving the art style! is each bit of the ground hand drawn or is it based with the bitmaps overlayed on it?

Flag Post

First attempt on drawing my platform concept for my current flash project.

http://danishdragon.com/flash/platform.swf

Hopefully looks better when I’ve done some finishing touches later xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by ST3ALTH15:

Wow, I’m really loving the art style! is each bit of the ground hand drawn or is it based with the bitmaps overlayed on it?

thanks. in that case, it was custom art for the area. other areas are more centered around generic tiles, like these.

My technique is to combine a basic tileset with individual graphic bits I place on top in the visual editor to help dress it up, because I kept finding I’m kinda bad at doing efficient tilesets and often end up with ugly bits to smooth over. I’m pretty new to this, at least, relatively speaking.

Flag Post

Nice! These games all look awesome! :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

And to think your last game was about a penguin called pingy >_>

Looks awesome though

Flag Post

My game is finally looking a bit pretty :D

Flag Post

yes. that’s all the data I have.

Flag Post

Here’s what I’m working on with shadowgrail:

You can also play/test an early version of the game here
To actually start playing, press the blue button near the bottom left.

EDIT: Also over 15,000 views on this thread, if only I actually had a link to my website/game on my first post >_>

Flag Post

Nice, Danny. It looks like it’s coming good. Is it inspired by Zombocalypse? This could be a lot better because you can move up and down too. Just not sure how well it will work with shooting. By the way, the gun needs to recoil, and the blood animation is really good.

And Danny, you can still edit your first post if you want.

Flag Post

Level shadows and an in-game menu added!

Flag Post

The shadows don’t look terribly like shadows (unless moving around helps you identify them). Maybe make them closer, a bit darker and blurred perhaps.

Flag Post

Yeah, moving around causes the illusion.

Flag Post

I recently completed my 3d level editor (for multiple projects). It produces objects and cubic voxels. It attaches things to the sides of those objects and voxels. It colors things freely. It outputs game data, instead of 3d models. It is almost completely controllable by click & drag mouse operations, and in every case, it knows exactly what the mouse is supposed to be pointing at (I like predictability in my software – it means I don’t have to be an “expert” with the tool to use it efficiently).

Flag Post

That’s pretty cool, do the textures connect automatically?

Flag Post

Yes, though the automated texturing is maintained by my voxel engine, so none of the texture information is left in the output data (aside from a simple code which differentiates the different types of voxels present). My general assumption is that anyone using my editor will also use my voxel engine, with a configuration comparable to that of the editor.

Incidentally, my tools where developed with consideration toward a possible Game Creation System, of the old sort of design (which is why there are strange, somewhat superfluous-looking interface buttons in the upper-left corner). For the time being (and to avoid getting completely bogged down with early complexities), I have only implemented what I need for an actual game.

Flag Post

Revisiting miniPassage for some mobile action. I’m not sure if I should add controls to move the player left and right or if I should stick with just a jump button. Opinions?

Flag Post

I personally prefer just the jump button if its on a mobile platform. Arrow keys on mobiles often leads to miscontrolled actions, at least for me anyway. And that would be bad especially for a game like this that requires precise and slick movements.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’d leave it the way it is.

Getting close to releasing it now :)

Flag Post

Hahahah. Oops. That is a nasty spike right there. 300ms decoding images. Another 300 trying to render them.

EDIT 8000th post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Hahahah. Oops. That is a nasty spike right there. 300ms decoding images. Another 300 trying to render them.

EDIT 8000th post.

*wince*
Congrats on 8000 though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ST3ALTH15:

Yeah, I’d leave it the way it is.

Getting close to releasing it now :)

PLAY PLAY PLAY!”

Flag Post

PLAY PLAY PLAY!”

You know it.

I finally got around to adding a proper preloader :D

Flag Post

To me, the “PLAY PLAY PLAY” thing sounds like a screaming advertisement. I dislike it. Maybe it goes with the game, I don’t know.

Flag Post

PLAY PLAY PLAY!” should flash different colors and have an entourage of animated arrows pointing at it. Don’t halfass your product!

Flag Post

That’s a pretty good idea :)