Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 15

664 posts

Flag Post

Stop reminding me that HL2:E3/HL3 isn’t coming any time soon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

lolwut?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

lolwut?

Notice any similarities?

Flag Post

Nice, Danny. It looks like it will be a fun game. If you need testers, let me know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

lolwut?

Notice any similarities?

OH woah i didnt even notice the hl sign there…

Flag Post

valve sign
valve sign
valve sign

cringe

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

valve sign
valve sign
valve sign

cringe

Groan

Edit:
That’s no moon!

Flag Post

I’m making a platformer with me and my friends performed in our town.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chachon2:

Link, since the embedding seems to be not working

Looks nice chachon2, are there more levels? Would love to try out a demo.

Flag Post

This is what me and my mate are currently working on; it’s our first Unity 3D game, so there’s still much to be improved.

It’s a typing game, and we’re planning to publish soon to Kongregate.

I took the below screenshot from a more “artistic” angle rather than the actual camera angle you will see during the game.

Flag Post

i’m making this game for over 6 weeks now. can anyone guess what game inspired this one?

Flag Post
Originally posted by adamkingdom:

Looks nice chachon2, are there more levels? Would love to try out a demo..

Thank you, it will be three levels, but I don`t finish the first level yet. I need testers, because that I`ll put something playable the next week.

Flag Post

Thank you, it will be three levels, but I don`t finish the first level yet. I need testers, because that I`ll put something playable the next week.

Good to see you got over your bugs, and the game certainly looks like it is shaping up to be good.

Flag Post

Good to see you got over your bugs, and the game certainly looks like it is shaping up to be good.

I’m glad you like it. The first idea for the game was that my childhood friends (over ten years ago no see) will make a meeting, a party, a barbacue to see us, and i thought to make a game performed in our town to show in the party, on May 10. I want to show in the game stuff of our childhood and experiences we have had together. I start it on 2012 August, but in December I restart the project, and this year I`ve been learning Actionscript to create the platformer that I always dreamt. Sorry for my english ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by RobinN1:

i’m making this game for over 6 weeks now. can anyone guess what game inspired this one?

Uh, silent hill?

Flag Post

Flag Post

(placeholder grephix)

Flag Post

Dynamic blood?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Looks great. Very cohesive graphics. Is it a simulation game? I imagine it could be really addicting. When do you think it’ll be done?

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

I’m still waiting for Stick Hero 4 :(

Flag Post

Say it with me now:
BULLET HELL

As you can see in the stats, it clocks at 30 fps, and right now I’m doing some experimenting with object pooling as I’m aiming for the game to run at 60 fps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Secretmapper:

Say it with me now:
BULLET HELL

As you can see in the stats, it clocks at 30 fps, and right now I’m doing some experimenting with object pooling as I’m aiming for the game to run at 60 fps.

Make sure you are bit blitting, and optimize hard on trig if you are doing any.

Flag Post

That’s actually looks like Starling, so you can’t do “blitting” in the sense that you would with normal FP. (Technically you prolly could with that RenderTexture, but I believe it is slower) Optimizing trig is probably not super effective way to speed up the game, since if you are doing it right, you only need to do 1 trig calculation per bullet (at it’s spawn).

Still, awesome to get that fps with that many objects.

EDIT How is DRW 0? Doesn’t it require at least 1?

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

That’s actually looks like Starling, so you can’t do “blitting” in the sense that you would with normal FP. (Technically you prolly could with that RenderTexture, but I believe it is slower) Optimizing trig is probably not super effective way to speed up the game, since if you are doing it right, you only need to do 1 trig calculation per bullet (at it’s spawn).

EDIT How is DRW 0? Doesn’t it require at least 1?

When I was looking at it, it appeared like they were all moving towards him, which would require constant trig. But I’m wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

Optimizing trig is probably not super effective way to speed up the game, since if you are doing it right, you only need to do 1 trig calculation per bullet (at it’s spawn).

That depends on whether the bullets are just going to fly straight (straight of course being whatever their starting direction set to) or take on more advanced behaviors, such as homing. If homing bullets become a thing in that game, I highly suggest limiting the trig to maybe 5 or so times per second instead of every single frame. Probably pretty obvious, I know, but in case it wasn’t, I wanted to throw it out there.