Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 2

648 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:
Draco: What is happening in this picture. Also, is this Unity or Stage3D or something else alltogether.

It’s Hammer.

You’re looking at a tiny section of a TF2 payload map I’m doing for the Dynamic Payload Contest

I knew I wasn’t going to finish with a release-ready map, but I thought I’d have a little fun and do something different.

Flag Post

I <3 shooters. Why try to improve a perfect game genre? xD

Flag Post

Everything looks fantastic.
GB15 I hope this new one is in as3 :)…
DDN looks good so far…
Wow Mario that looks awesome… :)
Dark are those dead dillos on the road?
Feffers looks familiar but I think lot of functionality has been added by now :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by simplegoogly:

GB15 I hope this new one is in as3 :)…

It’s AS2… But it doesn’t lag! It runs nicely on medium quality.

Flag Post

The screen is actually a lot bigger than that

It’s still hard to read.

Why try to improve a perfect game genre?

Guh. I don’t even have a response for a comment like this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

I <3 shooters. Why try to improve a perfect game genre? xD

By adding hats.

Flag Post

Im so jealous of you all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

Aesica, your game is pretty :D and Mario, that looks awesome, but do you play as a walking hat? O.o

Right now you do. And I’m not sure it’s going to change. I added the wizard hat as a place holder because drawing a humanoid with its attack/casting animations that looks pleasing and likable enough is going to be waaay too much work for me and I got tired of looking at the ball I used to have. I may just leave the hat for the wizard, make a helm for the warrior, and have a hood/cowl for the rogue/ranger. I’d also likely add weapon/offhand animations as well. It’s grown on me a little bit.

And apparently that’s how you improve games, according to Draco. By adding hats.

Mario, your… uh… The FPS tracker in the lower right is too dark! Also, I demand you blog! I want to track your progress.

About a blog? Maybe when I get around to adding things that are more fun. Right now with the boring things I’m doing and the way I keep iterating over many aspects, I don’t think most people would enjoy reading about it just yet. Right now I’m trying to perfect my base enemy AI so I feel comfortable adding new enemy types. And I’m also about to try switching from 8-direction tile-to-tile movement to a navigation mesh with free movement (with good pathfinding! That’s a must!). I’m pretty new to programming so it might be beyond me though. We’ll see. /blog

Edit:
Also…

Originally posted by Amibtious:

Dwarven wizard, surely :)

lol.

Flag Post

yeah you should keep the hat, its unique :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ItsaMeeeeeMario:

And apparently that’s how you improve games, according to Draco. By adding hats.

It’s a statement of irony directed at Valve.

Flag Post
Darkscanner… I see several possum turtle beehive things about to get run over as Waddle-dees attack the highway. I am too lazy to check your blog. What is going on?

Nothing is really going on in particular, I’m just playing around with my engine.

Originally posted by simplegoogly:
Dark are those dead dillos on the road?

Why yes, yes they are. I decided to add them when I saw one on the road in real life. c:

So I got bored with my driving thing. Now I’m doing this,

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:

It’s a statement of irony directed at Valve.

Right, I figured. I might add micro-transations to my game eventually. You will be able to unlock/buy hats to wear on your main hat. And possibly hats for those hats that your hat is wearing as well.

Flag Post

That’s not a walking hat, it’s an invisible man!

Flag Post
I might add micro-transations to my game eventually. You will be able to unlock/buy hats to wear on your main hat. And possibly hats for those hats that your hat is wearing as well.

Do this, and I wont stop playing your game. Ever.

Flag Post

It’s AS2… But it doesn’t lag! It runs nicely on medium quality.

Sometime, you should take time to learn AS3. It’ll make you more efficient in the long run when you go of to learn better languages.

Flag Post

If a game runs well on medium quality aren’t you implying it lags on high quality? :p

Flag Post

Lots of games lag on high quality, at least on my computer.

Flag Post

Maybe

Apparently, you do not understand the meaning of the word “demand.” How about this: I will kill one hostage every hour until I see a blog*. Also I want a pizza, give me one.

E: Inb4snarkysarcasm. A blog made by you, Mario. The Mario I am talking about. The person who goes by the username ItsaMeeeeeMario on Kongregate.com, not some other Italian man or video game icon or anything. That specific Mario. About the game he is making. The one with the hat and the skeletons, and it is a dungeon crawler.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Lots of games lag on high quality, at least on my computer.

The only games I’ve ever seen run slow on medium quality were my own (not the ones on kongregate, either. The ones not good enough for the Internet to see), and it isn’t like my computer is fast.

Flag Post

Try Cardian. It lags on 3.2Ghz hex-core with 12GB RAM (and comparable in other specs)

Or for that matter, any of the My Pet Protector or Arkandia games. What is even WRONG with undefined?

Flag Post
What is even WRONG with undefined?

Yes, he has an unique ability to cause lag when nothing is going on.

I don’t know which of his games I was playing (since all of them look the same), but I remember it caused lag on the menu screen, while nothing was going on, except for a stupid animated 150 px logo on a corner.

Flag Post

just wow. I am even feeling ashamed posting my best…

Flag Post

It should be about in a few months maybe.

Flag Post

Same as usual

Flag Post

Try Cardian. It lags on 3.2Ghz hex-core with 12GB RAM (and comparable in other specs)

Or for that matter, any of the My Pet Protector or Arkandia games. What is even WRONG with undefined?

It runs at full speed here. Quad Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz.