Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 3

663 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:
The Mario I am talking about. The person who goes by the username ItsaMeeeeeMario on Kongregate.com, not some other Italian man or video game icon or anything.

Its Japanese actually or was it a reference to something else, I would like to know :) :p

Originally posted by Shadow_Craver:

It runs at full speed here. Quad Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz.

Wow, nice processor there. I might be getting i7 2.4ghz later next month.

Flag Post

Thanks! And yeah, an i7 is a good buy, i7s are excellent processors that will get the job done.

Flag Post

It runs at full speed here.

What, on the menu screen? Play the game for a bit and it should start lagging once you start to have any substantial number of creatures (>20) on the field. Or maybe not. But probably.

Its Japanese actually or was it a reference to something else

ItsaMeeeeeMario is located in the US, according to his profile.

The Mario of video game fame is an Italian character, designed buy a Japanese person, supposedly named after an American real-estate developer, presumably of Italian descent.

Presumably, any other Mario would be “some other Italian man”, as the name “Mario” is most commonly Italian.

Flag Post

I Played for about 20-30 mins. I had around 10-20 creatures spawned on the field I think.

Flag Post

Just so anyone who is afraid of posting since they think their latest project looks bad, I’ll post mine, so they can feel better :3

It’s the second version of my first ever game, now that I have a lot more experience with Flash,

Flag Post

That’s some cool mystic text.

Flag Post

It acts as his shield, and spins around him, probably the best looking thing I’ve ever done in flash <.<;;

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadow_Craver:

It should be about in a few months maybe.

That looks pretty good, but a couple pieces of advice: Ease down on the gradients and make the platforms look better.

Flag Post

Here’s a brawler type game me and my mate have been working on for a bit now. Been working on it totally aimless and not sure where to go with it. We’ll see, but hay the art is pretty

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:

Or for that matter, any of the My Pet Protector or Arkandia games. What is even WRONG with undefined?

He does not KNOW about optimization. Or maybe he does not know how to optimize with MCs that contain IK system. He’s an artist more than a coder, so he uses anything that “just works” without caring for performance. Also his games have some “undefined” bugs hidden.

Flag Post

heres a picture of the game im making, i still need to sit down and work the story out and other stuff. but i have decided upon the art style. (the ball is just a placeholder for the character)

Flag Post

My year-so-far in development RPG Legacy Of Lilith

Photobucket

Note the fine background is just a placeholder :P everything else (pixel art, engine, etc) is all me however. Sitting at 13K lines of code and another 4K in data so far lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337al:

heres a picture of the game im making, i still need to sit down and work the story out and other stuff. but i have decided upon the art style. (the ball is just a placeholder for the character)

That looks a lot like Pokemon to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Valfrit:
Originally posted by Draco18s:

Looks a lot like TF2, are you using sprites from it?

…as for my screenshot, I’m not currently working on a game and you’re probably wondering, “Who the hell is this guy?” But, I hope to start a project eventually.

That is TF2. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by truefire:Opossum, center the text in your star. It looks fine for 2 digits, but bad for 1.

Thanks. Actually, it’s not an updated image; I’ m pretty sure I already fixed this (but lemme double check). But thanks anyways! =).

Flag Post

Currently working on an exercise game (hereby explaining the ragdoll thingy at the top).
You’re supposed to do the bird dog exercise, I’m then with the help of two buttons on the floor for the hands, and two bend sensors at the knee capable of tracking the current position.

The exercise:

You then turn left and right by alternating the arms and legs.

(It’s my current semesterproject… Have to include sensor technology ^^)

Flag Post

Since we were talking about level editors over in another thread recently, here’s a clip of my platform level editor:

You can drag entities around with the mouse and select things, and set properties or add new entities with the fields and buttons at the bottom. It’s pretty general; the entity classes are passed in by the individual game’s code, so as long as they fit into my entity and entity view framework I can re-use this editor for any future platform games I want to make. The property fields are constructed dynamically based on what the class exposes.

The input/output of the editor is XML, though that’s not particularly relevant in a screenshot thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobJanova:

You can drag entities around with the mouse and select things, and set properties or add new entities with the fields and buttons at the bottom. It’s pretty general; the entity classes are passed in by the individual game’s code, so as long as they fit into my entity and entity view framework I can re-use this editor for any future platform games I want to make. The property fields are constructed dynamically based on what the class exposes.

The input/output of the editor is XML, though that’s not particularly relevant in a screenshot thread.

Very cool.

Flag Post

That looks a lot like Pokemon to me.

I think it looks like Zelda.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by mmankt:

Wow! Is that multiplayer?

Flag Post

My first large project!
the graphics suck because I’m a programmer at heart.

Flag Post
  • Clasher: If it’s an asteroids clone, please let me stop my ship with reasonable ease. PLEASE. Or else I will simply sit in the center and never move.
  • I’m not sure how I’m doing with the controls. Is this okay?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by clasher235:

• Clasher: If it’s an asteroids clone, please let me stop my ship with reasonable ease. PLEASE. Or else I will simply sit in the center and never move.
  • I’m not sure how I’m doing with the controls. Is this okay?

nice game!
    Controls work well, but why does it auto target? the targetting doesn’t work so well on those asteroids, because its not shooting where the ateroid is going to be, its shooting where it currently is.
    Maybe allow the player to move to the other side of the screen as well from the oppisite side?
    I would improve the title screen. I love the direction its going, but I would have the text visible, just gray. And when you hover over the text, it brightens up. Same concept, but much quicker to read.

Flag Post

Yes, other then the issue alecz mentioned.