Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 5

664 posts

Flag Post

It’s certainly an interesting project to follow.

Flag Post

This thread is neat. I’m posting mine too:

Flag Post
Originally posted by lan14n:

This thread is neat. I’m posting mine too:

Looks epic.

Flag Post

BobJanova that looks sweet, I don’t even know what most of that means.

Flag Post

Awesome posts! Here’s mine. (Working on a card game)

Flag Post

The manipulation of icy magic is enough to stop enemies in frozen statis.

Stasis? Stats? Status? States?

Flag Post

Wow did not notice that typo. Yeah, it’s stasis. Thanks.

Flag Post

A game I just started working on (since the last GITD)

Photobucket

Going to be a sort of mage battle type thing. Its going to be pretty epic and I am making very fast progress :)

Flag Post

Lucidius that looks nice, but as awesome as the sun glare effect is, imo I don’t think it fits in with the pixel style.

Flag Post

Started about a week ago. Experimenting with away3d 4.0

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

Lucidius that looks nice, but as awesome as the sun glare effect is, imo I don’t think it fits in with the pixel style.

Danny someone else said that too, and you both may be right. Mixing up vector graphics with pixel graphics turns out looking a little off. Theres going to be a lot going on over the ocean and the glare may detract from a lot of the action. I may just shelf the sun glare and save it for another project (maybe a non 2X zoom pixel project). Thanks for the input! :)

Flag Post

Hai. Just finished character art for dialog sequences and also got font embedding to work properly after setting a bunch of newbie-mistake symbols on fire. Coding things twice is fun!

I think Mr Reaper’s face needs more detail. The stroke effect on the hud text might also be a bit too drastic. All this detail nitpicking is why I move so slowly. :(

Flag Post

Mr. Reaper kina gives me a derp impression. I think his mouth is a little to slanty.

Also I recommend a Serif font. Sans-serif is bad for display. Times New Roman is pretty much always better then Arial.

I took a Typography class. Well it called itself “Graphic Design”, but it was Typography.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’m not sure if I want to use that font for anything other than hud elements. Larger blocks of text (tooltips, dialog) feel like a chore to read in sans-serif fonts. (I’m using liberation sans, so I’ll probably look into liberation serif or something similar)

Flag Post

I agree the reapers face could use more detail. Maybe something not as smooth as well as more shadowing to give it more ominous look? :) Mouth a bit more open? Also if its a human skull the nasal area is more of a triangle than too small slits (the nasal cavity it is called).

The female on the other hand. Outstanding!

Flag Post

There, I think that font’s a bit more pleasant on the eyes. Now that the dialog focus is on Mr Derps, you can see him more clearly and with it, the fact that I’m actually pretty amateur in terms of artistic ability. He really could use another day’s worth of work. :(

Flag Post

Dont be so hard on yourself you’re probably a better artist than most of us on here! :P

http://imgur.com/2cMVG
http://imgur.com/5p6ae
http://imgur.com/oKn5M

its jus dat nose.jpeg :P

Flag Post

The nose and the jaw both bug me. And the fact that I seemed to have completely forgotten about shading his fa…err, skull. I guess I know what I’m doing for the next hour or so. :D

Flag Post

Hopefully that’s better.
As a link this time, so I don’t hijack most of this page with 3 absurdly-similar screen-hogging images

Flag Post

I think it looked better before.

Also your display font really doesn’t look good. It is too squished horizontally. At least switch to something more well-proportioned (or at the very least increase your Kerning)

Flag Post

CYOA game, working on the story creator now

Flag Post
Originally posted by VBCPP:

CYOA game, working on the story creator now

What’s up with the graphics? Kinda hard to read.

Flag Post

@Aesica: I believe the problem with Mr. Derp might be that he’s showing too much. Right now he looks like a skull with red eyes under a hood, not the personification of Death. What you see is always less scary than what you imagine. You think maybe you could push his head back under that hood so only a hint of the skull shows, along with the glow of his eyes?

Flag Post

Messed around with him in Gimp. Getting rid of those red glows was a real pain.

Flag Post

@Ace: That makes sense, actually. I’ll have to play around with it later, although he doesn’t need to be too scary. Even though you clash with him on one level, he’s more of a neutral/semi-ally character once you beat him.

@Truefire: For future reference, here’s an easy-as-pie way to remove the glow: Adjust HSB for reds only by cranking brightness all the way down. The glows are the only reds he has. :)