Show us a screenshot of what you're working on! page 6

664 posts

Flag Post

That’s what I tried first. Didn’t work as intended:

For his eyes, I just copied a white section from his forehead, feathered it, pasted it all over the places with the glows, then burned and dodged it a bit and blurred it.

For the glow around his neck, I turned the red-saturation (S, not B!) down, and then manually erased the parts that used to be red. (I had a nice error margin, since with the red saturation down, the glow and his cloak were barely distinguishable. I could only do it like that since his cloak is grey anyway. Here’s what would happen if I did that to the eyes:

Flag Post

Oh, gimp must handle it differently (horribly) compared to photoshop then. (This was done on a single-layer copy of the image of course—to remove it from the original psd, it’s just a matter of toggling a layer.)

Flag Post

Maybe to get this thread back on track, I’m being lame and never finishing anything taking a short break from my current project(s) to mess with zombies. Because I need money. Go figure:

I hope to have it on FGL by monday. If anyone wants to make me a better, free, no-attribution (too lazy for credits page) 800×600 parking lot background, go ahead :P

Flag Post

That game would be 200x sexier with walls and dynamic lighting. :D

try to add as much content (maps, weapons, enemies) and it should be good to go on FGL.

Flag Post

Got sprites drawn up for… 8 enemies. Going to have upgrades. Weapons and maps are too much effort. Walls are a possibility. Dynamic lighting, maybe.

E: This lighting is dynamic kinda.

Flag Post

HTML5, tyrian-like arcade shooter

Flag Post

Gah! I absolutely LOVED Tyrian back in the day, and its re release Tyrian 2000 not-so-back-in-the-day. You sir have my respect! Excellent pixel art too is that you as well? :)

Flag Post

Wow yeah impressive pixel art!!

Flag Post

Yeah amazing.

Flag Post

Wow, that looks amazingly fun to play :D

Flag Post

Double-Post!

I just started a small project that’s similar to doodle jump :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ErlendHL:
Originally posted by VBCPP:

CYOA game, working on the story creator now

What’s up with the graphics? Kinda hard to read.

Haha, that is uh, how I make my graphics :P THe screen shot was taken in the middle of a “page flip” animation. The yellow is the front side of a papge, the green with red lines and yellow dots is the back side.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VBCPP:

Haha, that is uh, how I make my graphics :P THe screen shot was taken in the middle of a “page flip” animation. The yellow is the front side of a papge, the green with red lines and yellow dots is the back side.

It would probably work better to just take a darker yellow or something similar. Just seems way too confusing with those graphics :)

Flag Post

This

is the best endgame screen conceivable

Man I don’t really even like cats but who would make a cat wear a ruff and then paint it. Maybe they taxidermized it first but I’m just saying, I’d keep my distance from whoever made that painting. It’s derived from the Wikipedia image for “Kitsch” but it really should be on “signs your neighbor might be a serial killer”

The HTML5 pixel art game looks delicious. And regarding Grim’s face, it’s nice to know other devs deliberate over things like font outlines or single instances of a red glow, as I am also cursed to do.

Flag Post

Hi everyone, this is my first game that im working on, it’s wave shooter game

Flag Post

^^It looks good, but the ship you appear to be playing as is oddly shaped.

Flag Post

I posted a picture of my game earlier on this thread and I’ve still been working on it. This is what it looks like now:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Feffers:

I posted a picture of my game earlier on this thread and I’ve still been working on it. This is what it looks like now:

Lol I’m just waiting on your RPG. Do you have skype?

Flag Post

It’s place holder graphics for a Free-roam aerial pseudo 3D (FRAP3D?) engine thing I’m making

Here’s a link to the demo. The only moving DisplayObject on screen is the character.

http://megaswf.com/serve/2430800

Still a few bugs on the big guys (the lion statue and the spinning ramp). I made them each in about an hour.

Flag Post

I’m working on a 2nd tower defense game. Isn’t too close to finished but here’s a screenshot:

Flag Post

Restarting old RPG project

Graphics are gathered from my old projects and some are made just now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Samoht777:

It’s place holder graphics for a Free-roam aerial pseudo 3D (FRAP3D?) engine thing I’m making

Here’s a link to the demo. The only moving DisplayObject on screen is the character.

Still a few bugs on the big guys (the lion statue and the spinning ramp). I made them each in about an hour.

I can’t seem to do anything in your demo at all except watching it turn day and night.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Danishdragon:
Originally posted by Samoht777:

I can’t seem to do anything in your demo at all except watching it turn day and night.

Well, the version I uploaded generates 1000 trees randomly, so you might be getting stuck in the trees. I would try reloading if this happens. Arrow keys to move, by the way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Picture.jpg

Looks really nice, Lob. The collision detection is superb.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Feffers:
Originally posted by lobstershow:

Picture.jpg

Looks really nice, Lob. The collision detection is superb.

for (var i:int; i<36; i++) {
		var Xpoint:Number=Hero.x+Math.sin((i*10) * Math.PI/180)*10;
		var Ypoint:Number=Hero.y+Math.cos((i*10) * Math.PI/180)*10+10;
		if (Map.Wall.hitTestPoint(Xpoint,Ypoint,true)) {
			Hero.x+=Math.sin((i*10-180) * Math.PI/180);
			Hero.y+=Math.cos((i*10-180) * Math.PI/180);
		}
	}

Rather simple.

Picture.jpg

It’s .png you moron! ¤_¤