GiTD [#26] Theme Suggestions

108 posts

Flag Post

Anyone interested? Seemed sort of a mess last time, and I kinda liked the way Senekis put up the vote images, which was nice.

Who is up to it? And when?

GiTD #26 Theme Voting

Themes Suggested

• No theme
  • Pressure
  • Endless
  • Kongregate
  • Lack of Water
  • Snow
  • Llama
  • Computers
  • Biology
  • Rain
  • Vegetation
  • Precipitation
  • Aggravation
  • Decimation
  • Darkness
  • Evolution/Growth
  • Tiny-bicolored-robot wars
  • Swarm Behavior
  • Robots
  • TD
  • Old School
  • Kung-fu fighting
  • Game Changing Choices
  • Too Many To Count
  • Faces
  • Warmth
  • Ink
  • Boats
  • Power/Energy
  • Dragons
  • Global
  • Astrology
  • Bugs
  • Bullets
  • Smash Brawl
  • Metaphysics
  • Delayed Action
  • Escape

Flag Post

possibly me depending on when / how busy i am. will there be a theme?

Flag Post

Yes, there will be a theme.

Flag Post

It’s a shame I couldn’t do it last time, but I have holidays coming up so I should be mostly free for the next month. :)

Flag Post

Love to try. I also have holidays coming up. :)

Flag Post

It’s a good time to do it I think, right after mid-years when it’s all quiet and peaceful. :)

Is it one person per entry only? Cause I just hired my friend as my graphics artist…

Flag Post

That’s fine, but each of you only gets five days! XD

I might be interested depending on the theme.

Flag Post

depends on the theme

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

depends on the theme

This.

Flag Post

Agreed with Ambitious. But I’ll probably enter with something.

Flag Post

If I’m free on that weekend, and the theme gives me an idea, I’ll have a go.

I like how game chef do their themes, you can incorporate some or all of the ingredients provided

Flag Post
Originally posted by Amibtious:
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

depends on the theme

This.

I think theme issues was reason the last GITD ended up as it did. I won’t be joining in the discussion over the theme, but if/when it’s decided upon, I’ll likely join, just to see what I can pull off in ten days (just be sure to notify if/when it’s decided upon; thanks Llama for informing me of this topic).

Flag Post

How about general themes like platformer; puzzle; etc?

Flag Post

General themes are evil. We clearly need something like “Monkeys jumping over a truck while juggling pizza slices no bigger then their own heads”. Everyone knows that specific makes for a good theme!

Flag Post

How about “no theme”?

Flag Post

How about “theme” as the theme? Lol. Anyways, I will likely be at least working on a new game during it – dont know if it will end up my main project like the last one, or if I will actually ‘enter’ it… I will keep it simple and yet fun. Good to test my skills as my understanding of AS3 has been coming in leaps and bounds – my old games I am loathe to touch because of the messes I know they are! It is an easier matter to start from scratch – know what I mean? For me the theme is not really a limitation but rather an inspiration for ideas – without which I am very UNLIKELY to create new projects! Besides its summer for a good deal of us – lets do it!

Flag Post

I would probably join. If it’s not in the end of july.

Flag Post

I hope it’s not around the beginning or middle of july. Will be getting a new computer around that time and will be busy getting all my programs onto it, though I could pull something off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lucidius:

How about “theme” as the theme?

That may be a little too meta. But something that reflects the attitude of the participants, such as ‘indecision’, ‘picky’, or ‘procrastination’ might be fun. Please don’t rip me to shreds, I’m only kidding!

Flag Post

Like usual, I’m vaguely interested but various times are inconvenient as I have rather a busy life, so if I don’t like the theme I probably can’t summon the effort to participate properly.

Flag Post

My suggestion: UG just picks a topic himself, saving us the troubles of doing the voting (which doesn’t always matter anyways) to see if there is still interest. I think the drawn-out nature of having to vote on topics gets in the way of a competition that is all about making games quickly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Abigayl:

My suggestion: UG just picks a topic himself, saving us the troubles of doing the voting (which doesn’t always matter anyways) to see if there is still interest. I think the drawn-out nature of having to vote on topics gets in the way of a competition that is all about making games quickly.

I vote for this

Flag Post

I don’t like that idea. I think Abi thinks this because last time we all voted on Endless, right? But UG didn’t take that. Though he DID say that we’d do it for the next one… so why must we vote? Endless!

Flag Post

How about Pressure as the theme? Kinda fits making a game quickly as well. Easy to translate into a game. I like the idea of endless too though.

Flag Post
  • watches topic diverge into a topic debate while UG stands by silently *