CALLING all FLASH Designers!

37 posts

Flag Post

To all amateur game designers, I have started a new (currently non-profit) flash game designing firm called Emperial Games. We are looking for creative dedicated Flash game designers. This site is brand new and growing so don’t be surprised to find a few things lol. I’m currently arranging things to get our own domain site now ;)

visit the site: http://www.freewebs.com/emperialgames/

REASONS TO JOIN

We are amateur flash game designers and we are looking for ANY Flash game designer as long as you have at least 1 complete working game under your belt. Amateur game designers should join because we are stronger in numbersmore advertising, publicity, and soon, funds. Every great company has started somewhere, and I’m starting here. This is currently a non funding organization, and everyone keeps the money they make off the company name! :) So if you find a sponsor,you keep the money you make off that sponsorship!. So no money mix ups or conflicts at all! If you find a sponsorship, then you keep all the money you make! Anyways, the more game designers and members, the more Emperial Games can expand. i know there is little incentive to apply for the company right now, but we are growing and we are still new. And about games that didn’t find sponsors yet, they are not UPLOADED yet to avoid any problems, so no leaks or anything. Basically, we are a group who helps each other find game sponsors and we bring them to the site. Once the games are sponsored(unless you’d like the game to be put up anyways even if not sponsored) we could display them on the site, attracting more viewers to our company name and site, causing our firm to grow because of this. Its a chain reaction. More people know about us, and visit the site, the more the EMPG designers get in advertising for their company and their games and soon, funds to their game. If you’re a FLASH game designer, we want YOU!

SO HOW DOES THAT WORK?

So now you’re asking, “Ok so i join…..what now?”. Your best flash games(or the ones you want) are uploaded to the site as an advertisement for sponsorships. NOTE: I am not making any money off this, i don’t want any1 to feel they’re getting ripped off. Since you are on a common lable, the more members we have, the more Emperial Games gets word out, and pretty soon, we will be AN ORGANIZATION, but only with your help!

REQUIREMENTS

You must have experience in designing Flash Games(hence the name Emperial Game Designers) and have at least 1 working,complete, and OK quality game! Before your game is uploaded to the site, all you have to do is put a small intro of the emperial games intro, and a logo link back to the main site. By doing this, not only are you spreading word of your company name, but your game on the site is getting free advertisement to the internet, so like i said, the more members, the stronger we are. Remember, you keep all rights of your flash game. Want it taken off the site? done. It is for you flash designers to get your game out to the public. Your name will be by your flash game(once its sponsored) and you willl be added to the EMPGames company members and contacts. This is VERY different from a sponsorship. You are IN the company, so by putting your logo into your game, you are bringing more traffic and advertising to your game and fellow company members. To see an example of the EMP games logo and intro go here:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/JoHnBo1/mountai

that’s it, just a simple little flick and small logo, put it where you want lol, but we WILL get noticed by the bigger companies and we will expand as long as we can accumalate more members. So join while there are some openings available!

We are looking for flash game designers, artists, and sound effects/music artists

If “what we do” is still unclear, or you have any more questions or you are interested PLEASE E-MAIL me at:

johnboy707@hotmail.com

and i will get back to you asap!!

thankyou ;)

-John Funtanilla

Flag Post

A firm that doesnt have 8$ an year to pay for a domain?Plus games cant be uploaded to freewebs i already tried the only way is to embed them but you need a code and there arent a lot of sites where you can uploaod and embed games.

Flag Post

You called?

I’m not such a good flash gamer.

I can:

Implement custom cursors

Make startDrag

Um…Make…gotoAndStart/gotoAndStop?

Do Passwords

Make something follow the mouse (no hitTest)

Make something follow a movieclip (no hitTest,if I include hitTest then there will be an error so vital that even a POPUP has to tell you that “A script in this page blahblahblah”

Here’s a free tip:

If you want a movieClip to fade away,

1. Play the frame,and make 10 or 20 frames,click your movieScript,click on Color and click Alpha. Lower the alpha at a steady rate (10% if you made 10 frames) (5% if you made 20 frames) The less alpha subtracted per frame,the slower the fading away is.

2. Do step one,but do it in the movieClip. This will cause an infinite looping fade

Flag Post

Sent you an e-mail.

Anyway, I’m an average flash author.

I can:

Implement custom cursors (Which is seriously easy)

hitTest

gotoAndPlay and gotoAndLol

Custom Functions

Make something move using keyboards

Keyboard use

Mouse use

duplicateMovieClip() (Getting the hang of it)

Basic Animation

So-So Flash Art

Good humor

Good in Filtering

1. Play the frame,and make 10 or 20 frames,click your movieScript,click on Color and click Alpha. Lower the alpha at a steady rate (10% if you made 10 frames) (5% if you made 20 frames) The less alpha subtracted per frame,the slower the fading away is.

A really easy way instead of doing alpha is to make a picture a movie clip. And then, go to filters and make it blur (Say 20%). Make another keyframe some frames away and make the blurring to 0 or delete the blur filter. Then, motion tween it.

Flag Post

You can motion tween alpha on movieclips anyway.

Drop your movieclip in the first frame, make sure the alpha (in the color drop-down in the parameters panel) is set 100%. Click on say, frame 50, press f6 – set the alpha of the movieclip on that frame to 0. Add a motion tween and the movieclip fades.

I think you’re going the long way about it, severeflame.

Flag Post

thanx for posting your expertises guys lol and severflame i think you have alot of potential, just need to keep designing more games until you finally make that “great one” and Jude I’ll check the e-mail later on today, but ill definitely get back to you guys who sent e-mail. And about the domain name, sorry if i can’t afford to get our own domain name YET, but im gonna keep making games until i do HAVE enough so that our company can have a real site, but as i said, evry1 has to start somewhere ;)

Flag Post

Domain names are really cheap!

Flag Post

If you want to get more people joining, get some artists and musicians. Right now I see little incentive to join you, I can easily get as much publicity as I want by emailing my game out. If you had a pool of artists and perhaps a sound effect library or group of musicians I could see a pretty good reason to join.

And look out about posting those games straight to your site – if they get leaked it will drastically lower your chances of getting a sponsorship

Flag Post

Also a gamer is omeone who plays game and a game developer is someone who makes them.

Flag Post

And shouldn’t it be Imperial Games? Good job you didn’t get that domain name!

Flag Post

Naw i was thinkiing about Imperial, but i wanted it to be Emperial because its more memorable than thre traditional spelling. Thnx for the tips guys, but i need at least a few designers to join so that i could get the whole game desiigning firm up in the first place. And kalinium what do you mean if the games get leaked? If there noticed or stolen?

Flag Post

I know how to do site-locking! Give me your email if you want the code!

Flag Post

i know there is little incentive to apply for the company right now, but we are growing and we are still new. And about games that didn’t find sponsors yet, they can be locked with an in game code by the game designer and then e-mail it to whoever they want such as sponsors etc. They give their sponsor the code , they play it, then sponsor it, then the code could then be taken off see? so no leaks or anything. Basically, we are a group who helps each other find game sponsors and we bring them to the site. Once the games are sponsored we could display them on the site, attracting more viewers to our company name and site, causing our firm to grow because of this. Its a chain reaction. More people know about us, and visit the site, the more the EMPG designers get in advertising for their company and their games and soon, funds to their game.

Flag Post

ok johnboy707@hotmail.com ;) thanx smigbob!

Flag Post

I would like to join, but I’m a newb when it comes to flash and AS. So far I made only 1 game, and I’m working on 2 more.

Flag Post

no prob just send me an email at johnboy707@hotmail.com i’m looking forward to it. Any one can join as long as you have 1 working game, because evry1 has the potential to become better ;)

Flag Post

JohnBo1, that won’t stop people downloading it, decompiling it, removing the locking code and recompiling it if it’s a good enough game.

Flag Post

Kalinium,every single game does that.

It’s possible to “leak” DTD with a simple,free,decompiler that you get on the internet.

Flag Post

You can buy software to encrypt the AS in the .swf files so people can’t decode it. Might be worth it if you’re worried about your games being stolen?

Flag Post

SevereFlame: already done. Someone “made” a game that functions similar to DTD. Just with a change in sprites. Quite obvious.

Flag Post

yeah, its almost impossible to protect against decompilers and people that pirate games, but nonetheless i’ll try my best to prevent it. And smigbob just gave me the swf code lock that you attach with your swf ;)

Flag Post

Actually JohnBo, that was for you to copy and paste into the first frame of your game, not implement as-is.

Flag Post

Severe, most games will only be seen by sponsors before they’re released. Sponsors aren’t the kinds of people who would do that kind of thing, so it’s safe. By the time the game has got a sponsorship and been released all over the internet it’s too late for anyone to bother taking off any code as the merits in doing so are very slim.

However, if, for example, DTD had been site locked on this site for a few weeks before release whilst sponsors were offering sponsorships on it, a less reputable site could easily see this as a great opportunity to give itself a chance to publish DTD with very little competition. If that happened, the game would be released without the logos and the value would drop.

As people have said, there have always been pirates and cheats, there always will be, so your best bet is to minimize the number of people getting any look at the game. Perhaps you could post a long description and images of the game on the site, and offer to email the game to any sponsors taking an interest? However, by that point you may as well just batch email every sponsor…

Flag Post

The policy has changed according to that RULE so ill edit it now ;)

Flag Post

ok done, the MAIN POST was edited, the new point is that your game will not be uploaded to the site until after a sponsorship is found, or IF you want it to be posted on the site anyways.