Top sponsors

18 posts

Flag Post

FGL has a page with a list of the top devs, but I can’t seem to find one with the top sponsors. Is there such a page?

Flag Post

Nope. They do not want you PMing these people so they started hiding the info. Its also the reason they hide the names on the recently sold list. (but expose them to higher ML level users).

There are plenty of good ones that you can generically guess though, by taking a look at the size of their portals. (e.g. Kong, NG, AG, miniclip, slix, addictinggames, bored, bubblebox, etc)

Top sponsors might not necessarily mean they buy the most games as well, or that they buy any type of game. They may only look for the top quality games but pay lots more for them.

Flag Post

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about some of those sponsors.

Flag Post

Oh good, you’re using FGL now! People on the FGL forums probably know who the top sponsors are, but might not give their names out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lSWATLLAMA:

Oh good, you’re using FGL now! People on the FGL forums probably know who the top sponsors are, but might not give their names out.

Well… actually I’m not using FGL. I just go there sometimes and look around.

Flag Post

Whatever you do, don’t be using that site to solicit. Contact the portals through their own contacts addresses, not FGL. FGL will actively ban you if you start sending unsolicited spam to sponsors.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Whatever you do, don’t be using that site to solicit. Contact the portals through their own contacts addresses, not FGL. FGL will actively ban you if you start sending unsolicited spam to sponsors.

Yeah, I was planning on communicating with the sites directly, not through FGL.

Flag Post

Umm… Wouldn’t all the good sites be looking at your game anyway if you put it on FGL?

Flag Post

Just as a bit of trivia, they did used to have a listing of sponsors just as they do for developers a long time ago, iirc.

Along with this change to make things more discrete, they obviously now hide the identity of the sponsors involved in game sales when it used to be freely visible.
It doesn’t take too much effort to figure out the big names, so you should be able to track who’s sponsoring a lot at any given time.

Flag Post

How would you get sponsored by Kongregate? Who do you have to impress?

Flag Post

You have to impress Greg. (as far as I’m aware)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

You have to impress Greg. (as far as I’m aware)

Ahh! that would be hard

Flag Post

Does Greg look on FGL too (as far as you’re aware)?

Flag Post

Yes, as much as any other major sponsor; i.e. it’s probably his main source

If you’re interested, he goes by the name of KongregateGreg with a ML of 15 (which I predict would be in the region of $0.5-3 mil sales)

Flag Post

“ML”? What does that mean?

Flag Post

Market Level, an FGL points-based system that sees you gain levels through increasing your total value of deals – one point for every $0.10 in sales ($0.01 in commissions).

ML 15 is actually $42-48k in commissions, which is theoretically at least $420k in sales

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dealmaster13:

Market Level, an FGL points-based system that sees you gain levels through increasing your total value of deals – one point for every $0.10 in sales ($0.01 in commissions).

ML 15 is actually $42-48k in commissions, which is theoretically at least $420k in sales

Yeah, but Kongregate sponsored for way more than that, since most of their deal are performance plans, usually made outside of FGL, so no commission paid. But yes, it show that they use FGL a lot, as all sponsors.

Btw, if you want, there is a big list of sponsor on here : http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2009/08/03/flash-game-sponsors-list/ . It might help a bit, but just remember that it’s very outdated, and a lot of new sponsors are missing.

Flag Post

Yeah, obviously Kongregate has sponsored more than $420k worth of games.

For those of you that are scared of Emanuele, he based his compilation on this and here’s an alternative source