AIR application installation directory

3 posts

Flag Post

Hi.

When I install my AIR application and choose to do it in say c:\exampleFolder\ it actually installs it in a subfolder c:\exampleFolder\MyGameName\

How do I tell it not to make a subfolder and install directly where I point at?

Thank you.

Flag Post

Install it here c:\
The “subfolder” it will make can than be renamed to the name of your “example folder” if need be, and you get the same result.
Thats exactly why this mechanic works.
I believe it installs multiple files, so its going to automatically put them into a folder wherever you want them installed so that you don’t have a bunch of files to sort through and figure out what goes to what incase you put it somewhere there already is a bunch of files.
Its to keep things simple, clean, and efficient good friend.

Edit hahah! want a good laugh?
Please nobody post on this linked thread, nobody likes thread necromancers. http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4/topics/89141
I’ve been looking at this to understand how bitmap transparency works. I just realized you were the same person. Good show.

Flag Post

I’ve been looking at this to understand how bitmap transparency works. I just realized you were the same person.

Hehe :) Yep, long time ago :)

The “subfolder” it will make can than be renamed to the name of your “example folder” if need be, and you get the same result.

The thing is that the application is going to be wrapped into a third-party installer which also has to install into a subfolder. So goes: first installer installs the application .air file along with other third-party files into the c:\exampleDir then launches the AIR application installer in silent mode with arguments /location c:\exampleDir. AIR installer then creates another subdir c:\exampleDir\exampleDir. If I instruct the AIR installer to install to c:, it displays the fatal error saying another application with the same name (directory) exists.