Getting Started Making Multiplayer Games In Unity page 2

31 posts

Flag Post

there is some problems having installed lot of versions of the unity plugin, because it’s not iterative and every version is a single instalation. but i used unity 3d 3.4 for two projects ( http://www.mpgamestudio.com/en/#/games/justified-unity/ ) and it’s not that bad, and it’s getting better with the new versions. the only reason i’m still with flash is the plugin.

Flag Post

I’m also going to direct people to this website which has a nice plugin called GameKit, which enables easy multiplayer connectivity.

I’m having an issue getting it to fire off the events, but I suspect I’ve missed a function call somewhere (sample project works just fine, using the peer picker works just fine…making it automate that connection process…not so much—and yes, it CAN be automated, it just isn’t firing the events so my code can run to do that).

Flag Post

Draco: Note that GameKit requires you to shell out the $1,500 for Unity Pro, since it’s a C++ library. Some people may not have that kind of money. However, Roar and Photon both are completely compatible with all licenses of Unity. Plus, it appears to be iOS / Android only, mainly just an abstraction layer on top of the iOS / Android APIs.

nineraser: Hm… for me both the editor AND webplayer replace the last installation, so I don’t have several side-by-side installations. I wonder why it doesn’t work for you…

Flag Post

Figured I’d point out that the tutorial has been discontinued and the videos have been taken down. Sorry guys, but I just don’t have time to continue this.

Flag Post

Wasn’t that already obvious from the fact that your last post in this thread was more than a year ago?

Flag Post

Was there any reason why you had to take them down? Some people might still find them useful.