Interest for GiTD #27? Possible Dates inside page 2

63 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by wtracy:

Then I’d vote for the 11th or later. That said, I’m not certain whether I’ll get to build a game, so don’t hold it up on my account!

@Opossum: How about an RTS where you kill zombies, and use their body parts to build new units? :-P

That actually sounds not too shabby for a game. Kind of like Scrap Metal Heroes, except that your using biological units, and that you actually get the stuff from killing other units. Cool =D.

Flag Post

Too restrictive for a GitD. We don’t want every entrant making the same game. For a community project, on the other hand, it would be awesome.

I’m all in for this one btw, and the earlier the better. My motivation is faltering, I need a shot of espresso creativity and a GitD is just what the doctor ordered!

Flag Post

Well Halloween is creeping up on us, so as long as I can incorporate Halloween-y stuff somehow, I’ll consider it a good theme.

Flag Post

I’m trying to get a game together for the Player.IO contest so I probably won’t be able to enter this one.

Flag Post

Interested if I have the time. I think I’m 0 for 3 so far though :(

Flag Post

Any time is good for me, I quite like the idea of it being suitable for halloween release (semi themed around that)

Flag Post

I’m interested. September 27 would be the best, but any time is good for me too.

Flag Post

The results are in! No, I just got really bored, haha. Anyways, I asked Cleverbot, and it thinks our themes should be empathy, love, emotions and anime. See the log here : http://cleverbot.com/j2log-xGpQJxZUPKYPBAQGQKZG-detail. It got a little weird in the middle though…

Flag Post
Originally posted by nadjatee1996:

The results are in! No, I just got really bored, haha. Anyways, I asked Cleverbot, and it thinks our themes should be empathy, love, emotions and anime. See the log here : http://cleverbot.com/j2log-xGpQJxZUPKYPBAQGQKZG-detail. It got a little weird in the middle though…

Magical Girl theme?

Flag Post

I…have no idea what that is…

Flag Post

The feedback idea sounds good.

Most of these dates would probably be fine, but I won’t really know until the date whether I could participate.
Anyway, if I can, I will.

Flag Post

Animu is definitely a bad idea, because it practically demands that you have some sort of artist on your team. I know not every programmer here is an artist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

Animu is definitely a bad idea, because it practically demands that you have some sort of artist on your team. I know not every programmer here is an artist.

You got that right. Also I like the Halloween Idea.

I think I’ll take a shot at it this time. I spend pretty much 70% – 90% of my free time learning and coding more as3 anyway. Maybe I have a shot!

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAwsomeOpossum:

User: You call picking a random theme difficult?
Cleverbot: Did I?
User: …
User: Any theme ideas? Whatsoever?
Cleverbot: Use limbs and torsos for currency.

Wow… such a clever idea for a zombie game. Rofl.

Do it.

Flag Post

yay

Flag Post

Katie + Spaghetti.

User: Anyway. I need a theme for the next GiTD. Any suggestions?

Cleverbot: What is your question?

User: What should be the theme for the next GiTD contest?

Cleverbot: Nobody said you had to do anything.

User: So… An idle ‘game’? I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

Cleverbot: You’re right.

User: Do you have other ideas in mind?

Cleverbot: Yes I have things on my kind. I’m actually trying to help a friend. What about you?

User: I need a theme.

Cleverbot: Katie.

User: Sounds good. Anything else?

Cleverbot: Spaghetti.

User: Perfect. Thank you!

Cleverbot: So do you still want to talk to me?

User: No. Bye.

Flag Post

@Senekis That’s great :D I couldn’t resist trying too, so here it is:

Me:
I need a theme for GiTD
God:
What actions are you taking to get a theme for GiTD?
Me:
I’m asking you for one.
God:
Oh I see, you are asking me for one. Interesting gossip: said I for one.
Me:
So, any suggestions?
God:
I see. First you must download me to your personal computer.
Me:
Are you saying you want us to make a game about you?
God:
If I had it what would I do with it?
Me:
Play it I guess
God:
Is it a game or a musical instrument?
Me:
game
God:
We are playing Turing’s imitation game.
Me:
Ah, a great idea!
God:
So you understand. Good. Compare that to a bad idea.
Me:
Like Katie and spaghetti?
God:
Interesting comparison.
Me:
I thought so too.

Flag Post

I won’t be able to participate this time around either. Too much going on these next couple of months between weddings, birthdays, and work. I’ll contribute to the prize, though, and I’ll once again be offering up my services for music to anyone entering. Whether you want to pick something from my music library or have me make something custom for you, it’s all free for GiTD :)

Flag Post

You guys are also free to use my search engine for free too.

Flag Post

October 25th would be ideal for me, but I don’t really mind.

Flag Post

The “Anime” suggestions got me thinking: Would there be any interest in a GiTD built around the “theme”, “Here’s some art. Make a game with it.”

Flag Post

The “Anime” suggestions got me thinking: Would there be any interest in a GiTD built around the “theme”, “Here’s some art. Make a game with it.”

I think this already happened once.
It’d be nice to have a contest like that once a year or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

I think this already happened once.

I realy liked that one.

All dates are good for me. But the later the date, the bigger probability to become busy with something. I guess.

Flag Post

I didn’t join that one, but it sounds fun.
The issue would be finsing someone willing to provide the graphics.

An option I was thinking about was to have each of the programmers joining the contest to select a few open source images and send the links to UG, then he would provide all the links when the GiTD starts and we’d have to make a game with that mix of graphics.

Flag Post

Something like this?

http://opengameart.org/content/fantasy-rpg-vector-art