FastSWF - Simple swf sharing (now with accounts!) page 4

94 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

Nice. Fastswf is proving to be really useful now that I’ve figured out how to use it, but the slight annoyance of it telling me to go get flash player continues. I can just circumnavigate the problem by pressing F12 and refreshing (still don’t know why this works). So it isn’t a big deal at all, just a few second delay.

Anyway, details:
IE 9.0.8112.16421
FP 11.6.602.168
Vista 32 bit Service Pack 2

The debug console:
HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag (‘IE=edge, chrome=1’) ignored because document mode is already finalized.
HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag (‘IE=edge, chrome=1’) ignored because document mode is already finalized.

Super odd. We’ve been trying to replicate it but can’t. D: More interesting is that we didn’t have that meta tag (which I just found out about to solve round borders issue on IE) which causes that error as far as I know. (We do now) So maybe that fixed it. That may or may not help.

Flag Post

If you want any other data, I’d be happy to provide it. But whatever you just did hasn’t seemed to fix it for me. Again, it really isn’t a big deal, if you’ve got better things to be doing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

If you want any other data, I’d be happy to provide it. But whatever you just did hasn’t seemed to fix it for me. Again, it really isn’t a big deal, if you’ve got better things to be doing.

Yeah, it’s super weird though. To be honest, the real problem isn’t the inconvenience to you (although it would be nice for you if we could fix that obviously!) but the chance that other IE users might not know what to do and might not see any swf ever. Anyone else out there with IE experiencing similar problems? (Works fine for me with IE10 ) If anyone has any ideas what might be causing this, please let us know. fear, are those errors the only errors you get in the console?

Flag Post

Console output in its entirety: (sometimes there’s an extra error which is just an exact copy of the other one, sometimes they swap their order).
I’ll make a video, if that helps.

LOG: Calling:
LOG: init_swfs_show
fastbutton?bsv&size=small&db=1&textcolor=FFFFFF&ag=3794141345&cr=15898258865&ad=true&width=712&annotation=inline&drm=true&autosize=true&align=left&source=displayad&hl=en-US&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fgoogleads.g.doubleclick.net&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpconverter.com%2Fd%2F&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.IOaFQMAHVRI.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DUQE%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTNYuZ6HDkdZho3xDZgOVYkx4qGWPQ

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Anyone else out there with IE experiencing similar problems? (Works fine for me with IE10 )

Yeah, I get it at home and at work. IE 9.08blahblahblah at home… I don’t remember what version it is at work, but I believe it is newer.

Edit: No, I was wrong… Same version.

Flag Post

As it turns out, one does not simply get IE10 on Vista. :/

Also, PM’d.

Flag Post

Haha! Massive bump cause I love you guys. We just added accounts. I’m sure you’d love to sign up so you can actually manage your swfs like a pro. Let me (Bob’s AFK for a few days) know if you have issues and I’ll get it all sorted out.

You can register for FastSWF in under 5 seconds.*

*depends on typing speed

Flag Post

I signed up before this was even advertised as the cool thing to do. #hipsterpride #yolo #swag

One more reason (as if there aren’t enough already) for people to stop using swfcabin. :)

Flag Post

What? That’s unbelievable! Are you trying to tell me that people still use swfcabin!?

On topic, that’s pretty cool UG, just keep the uploading without an account option open for people like me who don’t want to bother with an account and just want a place to dump their swfs quickly in a ‘fire and forget’ fashion.

Flag Post

Like a boss. :) Will probably drop a couple of alpha games in there. (I have exactly two.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ace_Blue:

On topic, that’s pretty cool UG, just keep the uploading without an account option open for people like me who don’t want to bother with an account and just want a place to dump their swfs quickly in a ‘fire and forget’ fashion.

Certainly. That is here to stay. ;)

Flag Post

I just feel the need to say that I was the first non owner of fastSWF to subscribe to the “Indie Plus” plan. Everybody else should do it, I can already feel all the health benefits starting to kick in!

Flag Post

Good stuff, I was waiting for this!

EDIT

Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Haha! Massive bump cause I love you guys

I love you more…

Flag Post

Hey, is there a way to update a stored SWF with a new version?

Flag Post

Nope. We’ve got file revisions on the todo list, however. ( I believe it is second place right now, right after drag and drop upload functionality)

Flag Post

Really? Drag & Drop? I’d rather have a couple of my files revised

Flag Post
Originally posted by StencylGames:

Really? Drag & Drop? I’d rather have a couple of my files revised

I’d rather have a fancy shmancey drag and drop feature I can amuse myself with. Keep that number 1!

Originally posted by Aesica:

I signed up before this was even advertised as the cool thing to do. #hipsterpride #yolo #swag

One more reason (as if there aren’t enough already) for people to stop using swfcabin. :)

Oh please, I was the first one to sign up, you hipsters are all just mirroring my awesomeness. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Nope. We’ve got file revisions on the todo list, however. ( I believe it is second place right now, right after drag and drop upload functionality)

See, drag-n-drop is a whistle, while updating files is core functionality. I’d better first implement the core and then bells and whistles. (Accounts are part of core too)

Flag Post

Well, its also important to know that 85% of our audience do not have accounts, therefore no exposure to any edit (or even file management) features. Getting that to become a lower number does require some bells and whistles. I’d actually rate them on similar levels of importance. Obviously for you guys (our account holders) editing is definitely a priority because it is a feature you’d use.

That said, the actual editing functionality will be done by Bob (so lets go PM spam him!) because I’m not familiar enough with RoR/S3/etc to code it within a reasonable amount of time. Javascript, AS3, and HTML5 (aka, drag and drop right now) is where I’ll be putting in most of my time.