FastSWF - Simple swf sharing (now with accounts!) page 2

94 posts

Flag Post

So, that’s a current limitation of fastSWF. It provides no way to upload additional files, such as xml files. So, there are a few workarounds – for example, upload the files into your dropbox public folder for example, and just have the URLLoaders / Loaders reference those locations. You’ll probably have to add a crossdomain.xml file to your dropbox folder reference that though, and it could be a pain. If anyone has the time to try it out, go for it and let me know how things went.

Flag Post

Any idea why it keeps saying to “get Adobe Flash Player”?

I’m using IE9 with the latest 11.4 browser update downloaded?

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:

Do you have anything blocking Javascript / is Javascript disabled in your browser?

Flag Post

So I’m not the only one who has that problem. I also confirm Senekis’ analysis that NoScript is not causing the issue: I tried it again this morning with NoScript disabled and I still couldn’t get rid of the “Uh-Oh”. I do have javascript enabled.

Flag Post

IE9 is your problem. Use chrome.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:

It could be, but I tried to make sure the site would work on modern versions of IE, FF, and Chrome. In fact, it works correctly for me using IE10. Unfortunately, I don’t have IE9 for testing.

Flag Post

Works great for me. Well done Bob & UG. Clean design, elegant layout and simple to use.

Flag Post

I was just complaining last week that I couldn’t find a good SWF hoster so this is great to know about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

It could be, but I tried to make sure the site would work on modern versions of IE, FF, and Chrome. In fact, it works correctly for me using IE10. Unfortunately, I don’t have IE9 for testing.

I would download IE10 but it looks kind of dodgy (as in it looks exactly like IE for 360). Anyway to make it look like IE8/9?
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

Do you have anything blocking Javascript / is Javascript disabled in your browser?

Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Scripting > Active Scripting is Enabled.
So is Scripting of java applets.

Flag Post

(Click to enlarge)
Left or Right?

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Left or Right?

I’d say left.

Flag Post

Left has much less wasted space. It could have even less if you reduced those margins around the fields, and widened the Upload button a bit.

Flag Post

To be honest, I like right the best. Guess I’m used to that kind of layout.

Flag Post

I like right but I’m a programmer what do I know about UI design >.>

Flag Post

I prefer left. Maybe set the height of the description input to teh same of the others and expand it on select.

Flag Post

Either one looks OK to me, if it is all that will be on that page. Once you start coupling it with other items, though, the preferred choice would depend on what else is around it… For a side-bar, the right one (with left/right margins cropped) would be better.

Flag Post

I like left- leaves a little room vertically for more stuff if needed.

Flag Post

I suggest left, but that you add some more dark-grey area on the sides. Currently, the light-grey box extends out a bit too far. Then again, I should probably check out the site itself to say for sure.

Flag Post

A:

B:

Which? Good or bad? I want as little navigation as possible. I don’t really want a full site-wide header. Not sure if it looks ok or not.

Flag Post

B.

The site is already oriented vertically, don’t break that scheme.

Flag Post

B all the way. A looks bad.

And use the logo I made you. Seriously.

just kidding.

Flag Post

B all the way. A looks bad.

And use the logo I made you. Seriously.

just kidding.

What logo is this? I’m curious now.

Flag Post

B

Flag Post

I vote b too, the offsets in A look awkward to me.

Flag Post

B.