Kongregate content upload Guidelines?

10 posts

Flag Post

Hi,

sorry for the dumb question but i can’t find an answer: i’ve googled and the only guidline i’ve found – about uploading a game to kongregate – is the one at the url http://www.kongregate.com/pages/help#guidelines

Is this all? No required “kongregate logo” or “kongregate splashscreen” and such?

thanks, sorry for the dumb question!

Flag Post

That’s really all. No copyrighted content, it must be yours, not higher than PG-13 usually, stuff like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by knukun:

Is this all? No required “kongregate logo” or “kongregate splashscreen” and such?

You’re doing them a favour by putting your game on their site.

Flag Post

The people who use the logo get a small bonus I think.

Flag Post

Nope. You get a bonus for using their API and another for making it exclusive to Kongregate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

Nope. You get a bonus for using their API and another for making it exclusive to Kongregate.

I remember Greg saying a long time ago that if you have the logo you can host it on other sites and still get the bonus for exclusivity- I could be wrong though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RTL_Shadow:
Originally posted by Senekis:

I remember Greg saying a long time ago that if you have the logo you can host it on other sites and still get the bonus for exclusivity- I could be wrong though.

Makes sense; you’re giving them free advertisement anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Senekis93:

What about if you make some ‘premium’ content inside the game exclusive to Kongregate?

Flag Post

awesome, just had to check :)

thanks everyone!

Flag Post

You will recive 25% of your game’s ad revenue.
+15% if your game is exclusively hosted on Kongregate (and your own personal site)
+10% if your game uses the Kongregate stats API
to a total of up to 50% of ad revenue.

This can change if you get offered a partnership/sponsorship though.