Hunger Games game

11 posts

Flag Post

Hi, I would like to make a Hunger Games Game and I need someone to help me make it(I am not a game producer). It will have game maker mode where you can sponsor/torment players, Quell mode 1, 48 people, Quell mode 2, players do 2x damage. There will also be PVP mode. There will be 5 arenas, One lake and forest, one desert, one tundra, one ruins, and one Ocean and Mountain. There will be Careers and alliances. Alliances: You can get an ally only with a friendly character (Example: Rue) by dropping food in front of them. If they are not friendly, they will take it and run, or fight you! There will be a training center where you can show of to the Careers. The Careers may accept you to their team depending on your score. In the Training Center, you may master a skill or a weapon. (Skills: Tree Climbing, Camo, Fire, ect. Weapons: Bow, Sword, ect.) If you master, it does a bit more damage. You will have a Hunger bar, a water bar, and a HP bar.(You will have 100 HP). There will be mutations and sponsors (based on how many people you have killed) There will be a cornucopia with food, weapons, and supplies, but you have a higher chance of dying.

Flag Post

I need Tribute Ideas as well. This is how to send one:

Name:
Weapon:
Skill:
Career or no:
Fight Skill(1-30):
District:

I will only accept 50! (You can send more than one)

Flag Post

Mutation Ideas:

Name:
%chance of finding in arena:
tamable:
Fight Skill(1-20):
Packs or no:
any other things:

I will only accept 10!

Flag Post

Only because I’m bored

Mutation Ideas:

Name: Veloci-chicken
chance of finding in arena: 5
tamable: false
Fight Skill(1-20): 14
Packs or no: packs
any other things: genetically regressed chicken-turned-velociraptor

Flag Post

cool!

Flag Post

Oh wow, one of these threads. We spend so much time joking about them that it’s kind of unnerving when they pop up and surprise you…

Flag Post

I’m unsure what forum to move it to. Collabs or Game Design. D:

Flag Post

Is there a ‘writing’ forum? The OP could use the help, considering his first post…

(I’d say game design: he does ask for collaborators, but in such a clueless way that the people in collabs will tear him a new one, and since the thread seems to have taken a turn toward ‘tribute’ and ‘mutation’ ideas (whatever they are), maybe he’ll get more suggestions in game design.)

Flag Post

Do you have permission to use their copyrighted/trademarked intellectual property?

Flag Post

Let’s cut the OP some slack. His profile says he’s only 13.

To the OP: It’s great that you’re interested in making games. Most of the people who hang out at the Game Creation boards are into game making as well. (The rest are spammers trying to lure you into using their alleged free-to-view football websites, but that’s neither here nor there.)

If you’re serious about making games, I suggest that you try your hand at making one yourself. If you want to make Flash games, I highly recommend that you download Stencyl. The free version has all the features you need to make Flash games. Try making some simple ones first. As you improve your skills, you’ll be able to make more complex games.

A multiplayer game based on the Hunger Games does sound like it can be exciting to play, but there are a number of problems with that idea. Firstly, it’s copyrighted. You can’t make a game based on the intellectual property of other people unless they expressly allow you to. Secondly, developing a game like that is too complex and difficult for people who are new to game making.

I know you’re asking for help in turning your idea into a game, but the truth is, game ideas are a dime a dozen. The real hard work is in programming and doing the game art. If you have strong skills in programming or art, you’re more likely to find other people willing to work with you in making your game. If not, then if you’re really serious about game making, you should develop one or both of these skills. Otherwise, if you try to get help in the Collaborations forum, Ace_Blue already mentioned what will happen then.

Hope this helps.

Flag Post

Thank you