Promoting our games on kongregate?

8 posts

Flag Post

Hi,

sorry for the newb question, but which is the best way to promote our games? I’ve recently published my first game on kongregate, but it barely got 100+ plays in the first two days (now it’s already in 2nd page in the puzzle games → newest).

I don’t like opening threads like “Check out my new game!” as it would be spam, but more than linking it to my friends or on other forums i write more often, what is the best way to promote it?

Thanks!

Flag Post

1) Make a good game
2) Ask your friends in the beginning to play and rate

Those really will just help you a lot.

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that I haven’t played any of your games yet

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

1) Make a good game
2) Ask your friends in the beginning to play and rate

Those really will just help you a lot.

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that I haven’t played any of your games yet

But yes, there is not much way to promote your games. The only solution is to keep making games and keep getting better at it. Kongregate is all based on rating. If you get a good rating, you can appear in Hot New Games and get thousand of plays. And if you get even better ratings, you can be homepaged.

Flag Post

^ This. It’s all assuming of course that you aren’t willing to spend money on advertising, and don’t have a massive twitter following or something to spread the word easily.

Flag Post

Well, you could grant players exclusive content in exchange for money, which you use to fund advertising. But don’t make pay-to-win a central theme, or no-one will buy.

Flag Post

If you release it to facebook, pay-to-win is a very popular concept.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SWATLLAMA:

If you release it to facebook, pay-to-win is a very popular concept.

10 kreds and I’ll let you win in GDR.

Flag Post

It is best to promote them on other websites. If you are a member of any other forums or groups which contain at least a few people who enjoy playing games, asking them to give it a go and give you feedback. If you don’t mind the possibility of a low rating backlash, you could consider posting it in some of the more active internet boards. It’d probably get you more plays but the people may not be the most generous with the number of stars that they give you.