GiTD [#27] Entries and Discussion

162 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
Bounce!

Deadline:
Sunday 4th November (8pm EST, 5pm PST, 1am GMT on the 5(?)th)

Prizes:
Kreds: We’ll accept donations, I think guaranteed 150 so far + whatever I have left on my accounts

Information:
For those who do not understand the rules of GiTD, you have 10 days to create a game based on the chosen theme. Once the deadline has passed a new voting thread will be created where users will vote for the person’s game who they think should win. Using an engine is acceptable as long as the person submitting it creates the majority of the game. You may work in a team of up to 2 people. (Let me know if you have a larger team and I’ll see what I can do)

Want to join the GiTD Mailing list? Just leave a shout on my profile and I’ll message you any time a GiTD contests begins, voting begins, and the results of the voting.

Flag Post

Some Fresh Changes
For this competition you will spend 7 days working hard on your entry before posting it to the forums. You will then be able to use the remaining 3 days to update your game and integrate any feedback you get. On the 10th day, a final entry version is due

Music Deal for day 7 entries
If you post your game on day 7 to get feedback, you are eligible to receive 2 free tracks of music from Orandze’s Royalty-Free Music Collection. On day 7, just shoot orandze a PM with 2 tracks that you’d like and he’ll give you a link to download them at. As a bonus, it would be great if you could credit him somewhere in your game, but it isn’t required.

Flag Post

Looking forward to it! Hurrr… Should probably finish my previous GitD game ><

Flag Post

I like the changes :D Will see if I can make time.

Flag Post

Well the theme obviously has to be halloween. I’m gonna start working on this 6 days earlier than everyone else so I get an advantage :D

Flag Post

Danny… I doubt it’ll be halloween although if it is, ive been working on a halloween game for the last month so starting 6 days wouldn’t really help you if we all submitted projects we’ve been working on longer than 10 days. We have to operate on trust that everyone started on the same fair ground with the same time limit.

Lets face it, if the theme is halloween and you win now everyone is gunna question it because of what you said? Even if it was a joke you’ve just opened yourself up to the possibility of disqualification or something… why?

Flag Post

I’d love to but my exams have just started. A month from now I’ll have all the time in the world. :(
Oh well. That’s what happens in your final two years of school.

Flag Post

Nutter, I’m pretty sure Danny was joking. Sorry, man.

I am super excited for this GiTD. I really like how you’re doing this one, and am most certainly entering something!

Flag Post

What? It’s exactly the same time as our local compo game jam.

Flag Post

I think ill definitely be doing this one, haven’t participated in a while.

Flag Post

The theme isn’t related to Halloween. By the time the competition starts, Halloween is pretty much done with. Seasonal games published after the season might to do so well.

What? It’s exactly the same time as our local compo game jam.

Link? It isn’t on CompoHub

Flag Post
Originally posted by MossyStump:

Should probably finish my previous GitD game ><

You and me both, buddy. But I’m still going to enter this one, especially since it has now been confirmed the theme will not be Halloween!

Flag Post

Do we have to put the GiTD logo on our game if we are participating? Not that I have anything against it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by jasonjie88:

Do we have to put the GiTD logo on our game if we are participating? Not that I have anything against it…

No.

Flag Post

If you want to enter with a team but are hesitating because you have 3 members, just PM me and we can work something out.

Flag Post

Do multiple personalities count?

I had intended on finishing my current project before doing any others, but I’m such a procrastinatorial ninja I’ll finish this sentence later. So depending upon the theme, I may actually attempt something for this one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragon_of_celts:

Do multiple personalities count?

Sure they do! Imagine if they were all talented too. Where ones a programmer, artist and a musician. You’d be an indie dev legend ;)

Flag Post

Great. I already have a team composed of Me, Myself, and I. Two of them will supervise, and the other will make sandwiches for all. Let’s GiTD show on the road. :P

Flag Post

Sounds good. And conveniently before Halo 4 comes out.

Flag Post

I’ll be able to donate 50 Kreds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by acedragon64:

I’ll be able to donate 50 Kreds.

We got a high roller here!

Flag Post

Anybody want to team with me?

Flag Post

I might try this.

Flag Post

I will probably give this a go too, got a few days off inbetween now and the end date. :)