End of Kongregate Tip System page 2

42 posts

Flag Post

I think most of these were from gitd prizes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwerber:

I have never been tipped. Any of you been tipped? How much the the feature affect your revenue?

Only once and that was by a friend who worked at Gamestop.

Flag Post

I have never been tipped. Any of you been tipped? How much the the feature affect your revenue?

105 kreds / $9.12. compared to the $21 accumulated from games no one plays. for 4,339 plays i have $9.49 net, $18.98 gross

the tips aren’t really even worth counting, since they don’t get combined with game payouts. even if i put out a few more games, at the rate people tip it’d take around 10-15 years to reach the payout

Flag Post

I have a $0.11 CPM from tips.

Flag Post

0.91 eCPM from tips. (largely targeted to a recent boost for other reasons) Normally is around 0.50-0.60$

Its somewhere around 1/3rd of my revenue so I’ll be losing out. So instead, I’m going to make GDR paid with kred mtx. 5 kreds per week to chat. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Its somewhere around 1/3rd of my revenue so I’ll be losing out. So instead, I’m going to make GDR paid with kred mtx. 5 kreds per week to chat. :D

only if Kong approved your request, in-game items have to be approved…

Flag Post

About 3.7% of my revenue.

Flag Post

My kreds are basically useless.

Flag Post

I got tipped 208 Kreds. :P

Flag Post

Sorry for necro, but can someone help me translate this sentence (specifically the bolded part) using simpler words?

Developers who have not submitted tax or payment information by December 31, 2012 will have their player accounts credited with the full Kred balance of their tips.

I am bad at English, sorry.

Flag Post

If you don’t fill in your payment info, any Kreds that you got tipped will go to your own Kred balance for spending on Kongregate. (e.g if you were tipped 100 kreds, and didn’t fill out payment info, you will get 100 kreds to spend on Kongregate)

Flag Post

Hell yeah, looks like I will get several thousands of Kreds to spend on premium content! My useless Kreds will finally be put into use!

Thanks for explaining.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

Hell yeah, looks like I will get several thousands of Kreds to spend on premium content! My useless Kreds will finally be put into use!

Thanks for explaining.

I’d think about if you really want to have hundreds of dollars to spend on premium content. Couldn’t you make a paypal account / find someone who has a paypal account and get the money paid out to you / them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by emily_greer:

It’s correct that most people seem to tip 1 to 10 kreds, and so very few devs were reaching the minimum payout, and the ones that were make far, far more in advertising and/or item sales. At one point we changed the amounts we showed in the tip jar hoping people would increase their tip sizes if that was the default but it didn’t make much difference; only about 0.1% (yes, that’s 1/10th of 1%) of kreds bought each month are tipped.

Since most developers choose to be paid via Paypal, and Paypal is our #2 payment method after credit cards it definitely started to feel like we were getting in the way. Given that and the substantial hassle/complexity of fraud issues trickyrodent mentioned we made the decision to end it and concentrate on growing the other sources of revenue for developers. And here’s hoping tipping works better directly!

May be there could be a slight increase in ad revenue?

Flag Post

Sorry for bumping this, but how does one link to Paypal now?

Flag Post

Bring it back and I will give you kreds. I wanted to donate some kreds on tyrant then I saw that it wasn’t there, then I asked Fg, he gave me the link and I was like I was just going to donate some.

Flag Post

You cannot donate kreds anymore sadly. You’ll have to spend them on premium content in a game. ( I might suggest Gemcraft Labyrinth. Good stuff)