From a programmer standpoint what is this engine missing? page 2

32 posts

Flag Post

The partial shadow going up and to the right is caused by the gun’s light source, which is colliding with the vertex of the wall. Perhaps you need to tweak the position of the light source or something?

Flag Post

It looks a lot better but the shadows aren’t right yet (as ug pointed out).

Also, bullets don’t usually create light when they hit a wall (assuming those are bullets I’m shooting).

Flag Post
Originally posted by BigJM:

It looks a lot better but the shadows aren’t right yet (as ug pointed out).

Also, bullets don’t usually create light when they hit a wall (assuming those are bullets I’m shooting).

ok :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

The partial shadow going up and to the right is caused by the gun’s light source, which is colliding with the vertex of the wall. Perhaps you need to tweak the position of the light source or something?

Can you elaborate? I can’t seem to see which one you are talking about.

Flag Post

What’s causing the shadow directly above the player?

The shadows could be a bit more diffuse too, given that that’s the nature of the light sources. Well actually, the player appears to be a point light source while the bullet’s shine is diffuse. Maybe some consistency?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BigJM:

What’s causing the shadow directly above the player? The shadows could be a bit more diffuse too, given that that’s the nature of the light sources.

Well actually, the player appears to be a point light source while the bullet’s shine is diffuse. Maybe some consistency?

Sorry, I just realised; that’s the muzzle flash which isn’t position directly on the muzzle; it’s put on the top left of the player because I was lazy. It’s fixed in the local version; Thank you very much guys!

Flag Post

EDIT: Ban qwerber.