GiTD [#27] Voting

83 posts

Flag Post

Flag Post

Theme:
Bounce

Voting Ends:
Thursday 8th November 10pm GMT (5pm EST, 2pm PST)

Voting Rules:
You must vote for a 1st place and a 2nd Place. The 1st place vote will receive 2 points and the 2nd place vote will receive 1 point. The person with the most points will win. Using alts to vote will result in disqualifications. Remember to make it clear who you are voting for. You cannot vote for yourself.

Entrants:
Bobikas – Investigation of Wild Animals
nolanlabs – Battlin’ Balls
Tacopian – Fruit Hell
Play_Hub – Ping!
dragon_of_celts – BouncyGiTD: Nyan Nyan Rawrvolution
Kewry – Slima’rgeddon!!
Darkscanner – The bouncy adventures of Sir Jellyton-face Gordan: Alpha
Halysia – Glaive
Donaldguy – Codename: Bounce!
Ace_Blue – Pogo
Teddyatya – The Headless Pogostickman
nutter666 – Disco Balls
Elyzius – Fat Men Can’t Jump!
galdon2004 – Extreme Fly Stomper
ApinaInc – Climbing Moon
Thepenguinking2 – Super Bounce!

Good Luck to everyone.

(And if a game/entry is on Kongregate, rate the game please!)

Prizes:
150+ Kreds

Flag Post

Thanks to all entrants for being part of the largest GiTD contest.

Flag Post

Voting;

1. Thepenguinking2 – Super Bounce!
2. Bobikas – Investigation of Wild Animals

Flag Post

1st – Slima’rgeddon

2nd – Fruit Hell

Flag Post

1st place – Fruit Hell by Tacopian

2nd place Disco Balls nutter666

Flag Post

I’ve updated the OP to include dragon_of_celt’s non-preview entry, which you can play.

Flag Post

1) DiscoBalls
2)Climbing Moon

Flag Post

Wow, great turn out this GiTD! Honestly, these are all really good games, but since I have to pick two…

1. nolanlabs – Battlin’ Balls
2. Halysia – Glaive

Flag Post

1- Climbing Moon
2- Codename: Bounce!

Flag Post

So, how do I play the ones on FastSWF? Every one says I need Adobe Flash Player (which I already have). IE9.08xxxblahblahetc, cookies blocked (probably).

Oh well, I should sleep anyway…

Flag Post
Originally posted by dragon_of_celts:

So, how do I play the ones on FastSWF? Every one says I need Adobe Flash Player (which I already have). IE9.08xxxblahblahetc, cookies blocked (probably).

Oh well, I should sleep anyway…

I’ve tested, got the issue on the first load. I was like what? Enabled the dev tools to check it out. Every view after that worked. I couldn’t reproduce the issue at all.

EDIT: Screenie of browser support here.

Flag Post

1st – ApinaInc – Climbing Moon
2nd – Ace_Blue – Pogo

Flag Post

I checked my browser’s “Advanced” settings, but there doesn’t seem to be anything there that should affect it… Does it require anything besides just Adobe Flash Player (e.g., Javascript enabled)?

My browser has been kinda sketchy recently, so maybe it is an internal problem…

Addition: Nevermind… Too sleepy. After I re-read what you wrote for the third time, I did what you said and re-loaded, and it worked. Thanks.

Flag Post

1. Climbing Moon (ApinaInc) – Loved the graphics. Really awesome game.
2. Glaive (Halysia) – Nice graphics and I like the music and forest environment, which helped with the atmosphere of the game.

Also a mention:
Battlin’ Balls (Nolanlabs) – Really, really liked the concept, but the music was a bit annoying after a while and the controls seemed a bit off. I really liked it though. Would make a great online multiplayer game.

All the entries were awesome though.

Flag Post

This is my reaction to this GiTD’s entries! I still haven’t decided my #1 and #2 votes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kewry:

1st – ApinaInc – Climbing Moon
2nd – Ace_Blue – Pogo

These for me as well.

Pogo isn’t much of a game per se, but it’s absurdly entertaining nonetheless.

Flag Post

Okay, I couldn’t upload this till now and it (probobly) won’t win but here’s my game.

Flag Post

1. Fruit Hell
2.Investigation of Wild Animals

Flag Post

1 darkscanner
2 nutter

Flag Post

Investigation of Wild Animals – It’s easier to play this as an avoider, and only catch moles. Infinite score possible should you catch every one of them.
Battlin’ Balls – Having no real opponent with me, I had to play all by myself. Hard :)
Fruit Hell – You seemingly can’t control fruits’ jumping power, and there’s a condition when a fruit won’t reach the target if not having a cart under it, and will fly too far if you let it jump once more.
Ping! – The controls are unavailable. The pad vanishes after 1s into the game, period. Bad.
Nyan Rawrvolution – The main challenge is to not to spam keys, as that cat would want to jump on each, and the numpad references are swapped top for bottom. Also some of the animals don’t get to jump even if they should.
Slima’rgeddon! – FP11, pity I don’t want to install that one :( didn’t played.
Sir Jellyton – adware site that’s showing you ads prior to playing the game, and not wanting to acknowledge disabled javascript – bad choice to host. FastSWF would be a lot better. Otherwise, not so bad, although some effects for losing a life would add to the process, as well as some progress.
Glaive – didn’t get far, but this seems promising. I guess if you dodge the returning glaive, it gets to fly farther? Actually one of the better gameplay experiences there were.
Codename: Bounce! – Is it so that you can’t plain dodge random airplanes?
Pogo – FP10.3 crash. Ha ha.
The Headless Pogostickman – the game is very slow (maybe unadjusted stage framerate?) and it sometimes lets the pumpkinhead jump off weird places. Also I was only able to land on an opponent once. Maybe it’s just me, though. +1 for thematic.
Disco Balls – seemingly a working avoider tutorial. Also once I was able to not die on collision (with score less than 200), all balls got removed and then it progresses further. Nice.
Fat Men Can’t Jump – A GiTD with an AI? Wow. Even if dumb. I wonder if plain holding space would remedy for “exact timing” :D
Extreme Fly Stomper – fast, simple and furious. Good.
Climbing Moon – it seems that this game is best played Axon-style, while experiencing a delay at advancement, unlike there. I didn’t use WASD at all, maybe they help when you finally miss? First place for just the gameplay.
Super Bounce! – occasionally you’ll get the impossible jump setting, like having subsequent platforms spaced out more than the rabbit’s jump height. Otherwise, nice game.

All games were played in silent mode, as I have two people sleeping in this room :)

First place: Climbing Moon
Second place: Extreme Fly Stomper

Flag Post
Sir Jellyton – adware site that’s showing you ads prior to playing the game, and not wanting to acknowledge disabled javascript – bad choice to host.

Are you implying that my website is bad, because I use ads to support it? Also, no feedback on the actual content of the game. You do realize that the website itself is not my entry, right? ):

Flag Post

Vesper, the paddle’s disappearance is not a glitch, it’s meant to make the game harder, I didn’t make a instructions page, and I apologize for that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:
Sir Jellyton – adware site that’s showing you ads prior to playing the game, and not wanting to acknowledge disabled javascript – bad choice to host.

Are you implying that my website is bad, because I use ads to support it? Also, no feedback on the actual content of the game. You do realize that the website itself is not my entry, right? ):

Nothing wrong with ads, but using a “skip this ad” link as a method to display an obnoxious popup ad is really really shady.

Flag Post

It’s true dark, there a fine line between a good site and one of those sites where it’s 10% content and 90% ads, it’s better to have 90% content and 10% ads so it’s less intrusive.