creating projectile weapon in as2 platformer

4 posts

Flag Post

Hi, first of all this is my game currently to give some insight to what I want: http://www.kongregate.com/games/torin555/the-ninja-demo
So the title sorta explains it, I want to create a throwing star that you point and click to fire. I also want it to not go through things, and when it hits a wall to NOT be despawned for a few seconds so it leaves an immpression of reality. the walls are all referenced by "mcWALL"+a and all the floors are referenced by "mcPLATFORM"+a Thanks for any help I can get :)

Flag Post

I hate to double post but doesnt anyone know how this could be done?

Flag Post

AS2 is kinda oldschool, I’ve never used it, but more is that your post is kinda vague. What don’t you get? Mouse events? direction of a click? adding/removing sprites? collision detection?

Flag Post

To torin555, thank you for posing this question, for you and I are using the same base tutorial to create our games. I too am trying to find out how to make a projectile in this format. Where you use a life system I use a health bar. I found a few, though inconsistent, ways to attach a bullet(or a throwing star in your case) to the stage. Some of these allowed me to have the object solely on the stage and some directly where the character is.

I have played your game and have a question for you: It is possible to move objects via coding, is this what you did in the first level or did you make the movie clip itself move? In an older game of mine I used coding.

Please respond soon, we might as wel work together.