Creating a launch game

15 posts

Flag Post

Okay so I’ve been piecing together things like upgrades that upgrade variables and now I want to put that into a launching game where you launch something and maybe steer it a little and try to get it as far as you can. something similar to things like turtle toss, and burrito bison.

Flag Post

Fascinating.

Flag Post

I was asking how to do it…

Flag Post

Well actually you wasn’t.
You were only telling us that you’re working on a launcher game.

Flag Post

How many games are you working on that you mysteriously don’t know how to make?

Flag Post

Well, most of the time when I’m making a game I don’t know what I’m doing, and I learn along the way. I’ve never tried to make a launch game, and I don’t think there are many tutorials out there, so if anyone could make one that would be awesome. It’s a good thing you’re working on upgrades because that’s really important in launch games, and pushes the player to go even further. I’d love to find out how to launch an object as well. Good Luck

Flag Post

Please don’t make a launch game.

Flag Post

And why not GameBuilder? It’s quite a great genre, overused thou. This means you need an original twist.

torin555@ Learn some ballistics.
This could help.

Flag Post

I have never played a good launch game. They’re just grind-to-win games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

I’ve actually enjoyed a few launch games that are quite addictive; its true that a majority of them are grind games though, each of the upgrades is too similar to the previous one and the surroundings doesn’t change. One of the developers made a monkey launch game that was pretty good, IMO. (think it was Sanchex).

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Some people enjoy those games. Just because your opinion is that they aren’t doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be made. If someone doesn’t like your game should it be removed? I thought not.

To the OP, with launch games just play a lot of launch games and keep practicing remaking your game. Every time it’ll (hopefully) get better and better and better. Experience is the key.

Flag Post

This needs quite a bit of math.
GB, you can always tweak a game to avoid grinding.

Flag Post

Want a skill based launch game?

Dolphin Olympics

There’s a reason no one has copied its formula.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Amibtious:

How many games are you working on that you mysteriously don’t know how to make?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draco18s:

Want a skill based launch game?

Dolphin Olympics

There’s a reason no one has copied its formula.

I never thought of Dolphin Olympics as a launch game, but it’s a good game.