Cant get this dang file embeded

5 posts

Flag Post

I am trying to get music into my game. Everything Im seeing on websites for coding the embedding of music is just pretty much importing to the library in csx. Im using csx but I always get errors when trying to import it (just saying that it cant import the file). So here is my question, how do you embed music manually? OR, can anyone with flash csx get this file http://ge.tt/3wlgbTS/v/0 to work so that it can be imported to the library? Ive tried changing the bitrate and the Hz to what I found as the supported rates, but it is still giving me the same error.

Flag Post

Different compression rates are probably the issue, even if you have changed them a lot of times. Try 44.1khz, 22.0khz, or 11.0khz for .mp3. Bitrate shouldn’t matter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UnknownGuardian:

Different compression rates are probably the issue, even if you have changed them a lot of times. Try 44.1khz, 22.0khz, or 11.0khz for .mp3. Bitrate shouldn’t matter.

44.1 khz will work. But bitrate matters too, i can’t import mp3 with more than 160kbps.
And here’s a funny thing, this article says :

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/flash/as3sound/

“Flash is capable of only playing .mp3 files and no other sound format. Playing an .mp3 file is an easy task that can be performed using the Sound Class”

But i clearly remember being able to import some .wavs

Flag Post

^ Did you use adobe’s IDE to import? It probably converted the wav for you, and as much as I’ve grown to dislike adobe’s clunky excuse for a developer’s tool, I at least need to acknowledge the fact that it’s nice about converting things and squashing down their size for you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aesica:

^ Did you use adobe’s IDE to import? It probably converted the wav for you, and as much as I’ve grown to dislike adobe’s clunky excuse for a developer’s tool, I at least need to acknowledge the fact that it’s nice about converting things and squashing down their size for you.

Yes I did, so that’s what happened with my wav.