Adobe Dropping Support for AS2 in next Flash Pro page 2

28 posts

Flag Post

They use the same byte code. The major difference was the compiler which you pointed out allowed things like case insensitivity and external classes and other things.

Flag Post

I always liked case insensitivity in programming languages. For all th problems AS1 did have, I’ve never seen a good reason for programming to be case sensitive. To me, something is wrong with your code if you need Stuff, sTuff, and STUFF to all be different things xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by saybox:

I always liked case insensitivity in programming languages. For all th problems AS1 did have, I’ve never seen a good reason for programming to be case sensitive. To me, something is wrong with your code if you need Stuff, sTuff, and STUFF to all be different things xD

You can have a property named STUFF which is an instance of the Stuff class located inside of the stuff package:
private const STUFF:Stuff=new stuff.Stuff();

Or leave alone the package, a private var player:Player=new Player is super common and perfectly fine. If AS3 was case insensitive, it couldn’t tell if you’re referring to the property or the class name.