Looking for a group...

11 posts

Flag Post

I need some people to help me with the production of a new game. Need 1 or 2 more people to help out with this. One programmer and an artist if you’re better than me, which is most likely. Afraid I cannot offer anything in return other than the shear satisfaction of having created a work of art. :x

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post

Hey StudioARE! You may find a programmer here, but I would suggest posting this instead in the collaboration forum. Also, if you want to find people to work on your game you’re going to need to disclose some information about it. Unless people know what the game is about they won’t be interested. Best of luck.

Flag Post

Well I’ve taken that into consideration, but I’ve little programming knowledge. The only game I’ve produced was a solo project which was very rough and rigid. And because of my programming knowledge, or lack of, I don’t know the limitations of what we’d be able to produce in the long run, therefore I’ve decided that we will come up with our own when the time comes. But thank you. :)

Flag Post

I still think that it will be very difficult to find people unless they know what they will be contributing to. Also, make sure that you have something to contribute to the group. If you really do have a lack of programming skill, I would recommend that you learn a skill to contribute, such as programming. If you can learn the fundamentals of AS3, making more complex games will become much easier. If you feel confident with whatever you feel that you can contribute to a group (whether it be programming or art) you may look into collaborations if you’re still interested. If I was you, I would look into FlashDevelop and various AS3 resources and guides. I hope this helps in some way. :D

Flag Post

The main things needed for a game are programming, art and music. If you cannot do any of those things, it is unlikely you will be able to find people to go along with your planned game, unless you have a different, useful talent.

But anyway, the collabs forum is where you should be.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’m wondering what you are planning to contribute to this if one person is gonna do the programming, and another is gonna paint the graphics. Can you make music? Or do you fancy yourself a boss who points and delegates tasks?

Flag Post

The opinion on this is widely varied, but game designers do not generally get a place in the market for some reason. That’s because ideas are a dime a dozen. And to be quite frank, many games these days do not really need ideas to function. For example, The Last Stand involves shooting at a bunch of zombies. But that is comparable to the Storm the House series, which also involves the shooting of people that are running toward your base in the hope of utterly destroying it.

Unless you’re going to make totally unique ideas like Nitrome does, I’m afraid you don’t have really that many skills after all. Unless you’re not in it for money, which is a totally different matter altogether. 1

1 Opinion open to interpretation.

Flag Post

Well, I usually make games just for the hell of it. I don’t plan on it making money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by StudioARE:

Well, I usually make games just for the @#!*% of it. I don’t plan on it making money.

You can go ahead and start a topic in the Collab/Game Design forums and list some of your ideas there. But unless you have any useful skills (i.e. art, music, code) you’re not really going to be needed :/

Flag Post

If you made the Borderlands game which is on your profile, here, then you definitely have a decent knowledge of programming/art design. What you should do is show that off, say “here is an example of something I made, I did all the art and coding” and people will be able to see your skillset, and their confidence that you plan to actually do something will be increased. You will find it alot easier to attract people if you show them what you have/can do.