How to use preloader page 2

29 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arloistale:

If I have many levels, like say 60 or so, won’t it look cluttered to embed them all? Is there a way I can load multiple xmls without it looking like a huge wall of text?

What about creating bundles of levels? XML would be perfect for that kind of stuff.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tonikovacic:

Let’s say i have 2 .fla, one is my game second is preloader, so i have 2 SWF, when i test preloader.swf locally it works, but how can i make it to work when uploaded on internet?

I think you need to upload both or make a single swf version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by feartehstickman:
Originally posted by tonikovacic:

Let’s say i have 2 .fla, one is my game second is preloader, so i have 2 SWF, when i test preloader.swf locally it works, but how can i make it to work when uploaded on internet?

I think you need to upload both or make a single swf version.

You can upload your swf with a zip folder, wich will be unzipped on the server in the same folder as your base swf. However, websites other than Kongregate don’t like having multiple swf’s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arloistale:

If I have many levels, like say 60 or so, won’t it look cluttered to embed them all? Is there a way I can load multiple xmls without it looking like a huge wall of text?

What it looks like isn’t important. Only you will see it and only you need to understand it. As long as the game runs fine, the players won’t care if your code is a wall of text.